Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Off Topic and More > Junkies Den

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 04-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
broncomania

broncomania is actually making some sense.broncomania is actually making some sense.
save tellico ohv internet rally

official upper tellico virtual rally thread may 7th 4-9 pm est.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676594

this has nothing to do with cars but has everything to do with ohv trail use.
when im not playing with my mustang , i'm trail riding in my bronco. and there are thousands more that trail ride to. there is a group of people trying to close down our favorite place thats been open for several years. we need all the help we can get. im sure there are others on here that are into this or know someone that is so please read up and help out.
thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41547

please read up on the nc4x4thread.

we are trying to start an internet rally and need everyones help.
so please help even if you dont wheel there. just remember your place could be next and we all need to work as a team to fight this.
so check back often. thank you all.

Last edited by broncomania; 04-17-2008 at 04:42 PM..
broncomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
FoxOnJackstands
Rahbababababbabab

FoxOnJackstands best poster evAr!!!!!!111FoxOnJackstands best poster evAr!!!!!!111FoxOnJackstands best poster evAr!!!!!!111FoxOnJackstands best poster evAr!!!!!!111
i didn't know you were on nx4x4. im on there but havn't posted anything in along time. stuff like this makes me mad. what are they getting out of wanting to close the place down? lets just close every fun place down and every offroad park. if they close down the legal places to ride, people will just do it the outlaw way
FoxOnJackstands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
RealDeal
Construction Engineer

RealDeal is a good little Junkie
Advocates of closing places like Tellico or Uwharrie have to realize that it will only result in widespread illegal offroading.
--- ROMANS 7:21-25 ---

2000 Arctic White Corvette C5 Hardtop - h/c 408
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
broncomania

broncomania is actually making some sense.broncomania is actually making some sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn View Post
i didn't know you were on nx4x4. im on there but havn't posted anything in along time. stuff like this makes me mad. what are they getting out of wanting to close the place down? lets just close every fun place down and every offroad park. if they close down the legal places to ride, people will just do it the outlaw way
yes, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Advocates of closing places like Tellico or Uwharrie have to realize that it will only result in widespread illegal offroading.
exactly. thanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
falcon64
schoolboy

falcon64 is a good little Junkie
im on that bitch to and have been to tellico a few times with my bro who goes the western

this is basically hippie bullshit that they are trying to shut it down i hate hippies with a passion
00 jeep wrangler 4 inch lift 33s ~ the DD/ rice killer
falcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
broncomania

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon64 View Post
im on that bitch to and have been to tellico a few times with my bro who goes the western

this is basically hippie bullshit that they are trying to shut it down i hate hippies with a passion
thank you.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
broncomania

Re: tellico internet rally
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: i copied this from the original thread starter on pirate4x4 thanks, mike.
Tellico Online Rally is ON!!!!
Well, I took it upon myself to sack up and get this off the ground. I spoke with a few people and thanks to Lance, Camo and Kurt we will now be having an online rally to help save the Tellico OHV here on PIRATE!!!
Right now, we have tentatively set the date at May 7th. That's just 3 weeks away!!!! We need everyone to pull together like we did for the Hammers. I have already started posting this on numerous other boards and I'd ask you do the same. Let everyone know that they need to come out and show their support.
Go ahead and start looking through those old pics of your rig at Tellico and start thinking about those stories you've had. We need them all and we need you to post them at the Rally. In the days to come we will be sending out press releases and getting the media's attention. I will also be giving everyone more information about the area and what's going on.
Please stay tuned and start spreading the word. I'll be putting a link in my sig line on all the boards I frequent. Also, if you have any questions post up.
Thanks in advance to everyone
Old 04-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
broncomania

https://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...56#post8141656
Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
falcon64
schoolboy

falcon64 is a good little Junkie
love pirate 4x4 i'm parting together a 97 wrangler just from stuff in the for sale section
00 jeep wrangler 4 inch lift 33s ~ the DD/ rice killer
falcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #10
broncomania

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon64 View Post
love pirate 4x4 i'm parting together a 97 wrangler just from stuff in the for sale section
yep , they have incredible access to used parts.

This is a great opportunity that's easy and simple to attend. We will continue have rallies at Tellico but this one will be one online.
Which, btw I have an announcement.
THE RALLY WILL BE HELD ON MAY 7th at 4-9 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME!!!! on pirate4x4
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
broncomania

Originally Posted by Skerb
maybe this is a dumb question, but what exactly do we do for the rally to help?
Not a dumb question at all. You do what most of us do everyday. Just visit here on May 7th between 4-9 Eastern Standard Time. There will be a thread set up specifically for the Tellico Rally. Click on the thread and post pictures, stories and positive thoughts about the Tellico OHV and why you want to prevent any closure to the area.

It can be as simple as a picture of you and your family in the rig riding on trail 4 with a short "My family loves Tellico and we want our children to have the opportunity to ride in the future. Please keep Tellico open."

That's all it takes.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #12
broncomania

official upper tellico virtual rally thread may 7th 4-9 pm est.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
broncomania

originally posted by orangecherokee:

Hello everybody here's the updates!

We now have vendors on board for the cause and they are donating some pretty sweet stuff for us. We really need to thank them every chance we get. I have the OFFICIAL press release now and I will post it below. Go check out the pirate thread and you can see everything that we have thus far. I'm not finished putting the vendors up yet but they will come soon enough.

Please use this press release to help out. Give it to newspapers, TV, radio, businesses, rangers, USFS employees, just everyone imaginable that you think could benefit. Thanks for the help.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contacts:
Nick McCracken, Rally organizer
E-mail: orangecherokee@yahoo.com

Kurt Schneider, Pirate4x4.com
E-mail: kurtuleas@pirate4x4.com

El Dorado County: April 18th, 2008

VIRTUAL ONLINE RALLY FOR UPPER TELLICO OHV AREA
Pirate4x4.com builds on a successful rally format to protest more route closures

After an extremely successful virtual rally for Johnson Valley and the world renowned Hammers rock crawling trails in California, Pirate4x4.com members are shifting their focus to the east coast and are once again gathering for a massive virtual rally to save the Upper Tellico OHV Park in North Carolina. On Wednesday May7th, 2008, Pirate4x4.com, a leading website for the OHV community, will hold this rally from 4 to 9 pm eastern standard time.

In 2007, the Southern Environmental Law Center, in coalition with Trout Unlimited and P.E.E.R. (Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility) filed a notice of intent to sue the Untied Stated Forest Service, claiming it was in violation of the federal water pollution act. This coalition stated that the Upper Tellico OHV area was dumping sediment into nearby streams and destroying the habitat of local brook trout. In turn, the USFS closed a major portion of the Tellico trail system.

There are many arguments against closing this popular OHV area, and many organizations involved in keeping it open. Carla Boucher, the attorney for the United Four Wheel Drive Associations states, “United Four Wheel Drive Association (UFWDA), along with its partners Blue Ribbon Coalition and Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, are committed to taking all steps necessary to save our access at Tellico, including legislative, administrative, and legal action!” This rally will bolster the efforts made by these organizations in this battle by showing a large contingent of OHV users who back and support these organizations in their efforts.

Virtual rally participants will be asked to post their experiences, photos and history recreating with their families in the Tellico area along with their feelings and beliefs as to why the trail system should not be closed. Their comments will be posted and tracked in a bulletin board format, with a goal of creating a lasting record of how important this area is to a vast number of people in the OHV community. Tellico is one of the very few public areas on the east coast for OHV recreation. Interested parties are encouraged to participate in the rally and read the thread.

On March 12th 2008, Pirate4x4.com hosted a similar virtual rally for the world renowned OHV trail system in Johnson Valley, CA. That rally had nearly 1,500 posts from OHV enthusiasts all across the world in a four hour time span. Saved in time in order to create a lasting homage to the rally, to date the Hammers rally has been viewed by over 48,000 people.

The online rally thread may be found at the top of this forum: www.pirate4x4.com/landuse

# # #

If you would like more information on this topic, or to schedule an interview with Nick McCracken or Kurt Schneider, Please e-mail Nick at orangecherokee@yahoo.com or Kurt at kurtuleas@pirate4x4.com
Old 04-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
broncomania

[QUOTE=McCracken;8153464]Guys here is one of the many giveaways we have in store for you. Please tell each of these businesses thank you for supporting what we love. Not only do they help provide us with great parts but they care about the areas we wheel.
SAVE TELLICO!!!!

You'll receive 1 pair of Corbeau seats either black or gray vinyl and 1 pair of 3" Camlock Harnesses. Over a $650 donation!! :eek::eek:
Old 04-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
broncomania

[QUOTE=McCracken;8153640]Next up is Silly Fab located in Sacramento, CA. Phil wanted to show some love all the way from across the US. He has choosen to donate a Red Top Optima battery and 3 Silly Fab t-shirts! The winner of the battery will need only to pay for the drop shipping. That's a $130 battery for 20 bucks :eek: That's a hell of a deal.
Make sure to thank Phil for his support of the Tellico OHV.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #16
broncomania

sign up here and say good things about tellico (look at the date and time to help) and why they should keep it open and get a chance to win free prizes.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #17
broncomania

[QUOTE=McCracken;8161420]
Copperhead Fab has donated just as it says. 1 - set of H1 Flame Rim Stiffeners and 10 corner gussets.
Guys/gals we do not have much time left. Kurt is right and we need to make this rally viral. Start slinging this press release everywhere. I'm going to hit all the local newspapers today as well as the independent press. Don't let the momentum die down. We need everyone's help.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #18
broncomania

[QUOTE=McCracken;8163155]Wayne is all the way out in Washington and that's just about as far as one person can get to Tellico yet he wanted to help regardless and has offered up some sweet stuff that we all need.
Up for donation was 2 - 806 Spicer joints or 2-kingpin rebuild kits from Yukon. If the winner doesn't have a need for either of those, Wayne went a step further and offered up a $100 gift certificate. When you get the chance stop by and say thanks for supporting the Upper Tellico OHV.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #19
broncomania

Tellico Online Rally this Wednesday!!
with giveaways!!!

Everybody needs to know that the online rally will be held this Wednesday in the Land Use forum. It will be from 4-9 PM Eastern Standard Time so please don't miss it!

This online rally is for the Upper Tellico OHV area in NC/TN. If any of you have ever been there then there's no need to describe it to you but if you haven't, it is one of the premiere places to wheel on the East Coast. There's not a single 4 wheeling website, that I know of, that hasn't had people make multiple trips just to try their luck against those obstacles. We're now in danger of losing this place and with it comes a precedent that will be set for other OHVs nationwide. If private groups can shut down federal land, why can't they shut down your local spots?

The SELC along with Trout Unlimited are doing their best to shut the entire area down for all of us. Now is the time to step up and make a stand for what we believe in. The Hammers Rally was extremely successful and we want this to be bigger than that. MUCH BIGGER!!!!

All you need to do is post up a picture with a short story about the Tellico area. I have quite a few pics and lots of stories but I'm having trouble figuring out what to post If you don't have any then post up some encouraging words to the Ranger and the US Forest Service about how important the area is to you and your family. Tell them about how you might have a future trip planned. Anything positive and encouraging will do.

Also, we have had a lot of vendors/sponsors come out for this and there is some sweet stuff to give away. Check out the sponsor list:

Trailworks
Copperhead Fab
DiffsOnly.com
SillyFab
Summit Machine
C&M Performance Machine

the planning thread is here: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675865

POST HERE ON WEDNESDAY: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676594

See you there!!!

Rally Sponsors:
Trailworks
Diffsonly.com
Silly Fab
Copperhead Fab
Summit Machine
C&M Performance