Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
sneaky98gt
1.5 Atmospheres

sneaky98gt is without a doubt too mature for this placesneaky98gt is without a doubt too mature for this placesneaky98gt is without a doubt too mature for this placesneaky98gt is without a doubt too mature for this placesneaky98gt is without a doubt too mature for this placesneaky98gt is without a doubt too mature for this place
Investing Advice

Alright junkies, I know some of y'all are smart with money and investing. Got a few questions concerning getting started. Sorry for the long read.

Long story short: after my work 401k, house payment, extra towards the house payment, and bills, I've got around $300 leftover that I'm willing to put towards a somewhat risky investment.

So, take me to school on what you'd do with $300 a month. Better yet, give me some literature to read or websites to research so that I can make up my own mind. I've done a little looking around at basic stuff like Vanguard mutual funds and such, but even that tends to get overwhelming for a newbie like me. Where do I start?

A couple things I do know:
-If I were to take that $300 and put it towards my house, I'd get roughly a 5% ROI over the remaining 11 years on the interest I'd save. So the investment needs to get at least that much.

-I need to be able to access the money in the investment without penalty. I'm ok paying the taxes on it, but not a penalty. I might want to use this money to put towards real estate in the future.

-And lastly, I'm not looking for a "set it and forget it" investment, but I'm also not looking to spend tons of time or money dealing with it either. I don't mind paying an adviser, especially in the beginning, but I'd rather keep the fees as low as possible in the long term.

Thanks guys!

401 rwhp, 365 rwtq (with some belt slip)

Self tuned with SCT Pro Racer Package

Full street trim with 275/40-17 MT radials:
11.51 @ 118.89
7.35 @ 94.59 mph

sneaky98gt is offline   Reply With Quote