HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #26
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
You need to get it going before you die prematurly on the 440! Lets gettum to the track. Looking great.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #27
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
Damn nice headers, 2" primaries
Old 09-08-2006, 04:45 AM   #28
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABeasst
who built the motor?
That would be me. 500 inch stroker. 4.150 crank, 4.375 bore.

https://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...highlight=MOTA
https://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #29
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
More progress.....

Made an oil pan today. Not some of my best work, but considering the shape of the pan before I started, I think it turned out quite well. I will need to add some baffles at some point for oil control. I just painted it real quick with some rattle can crap to keep it from rusting. (we all know how long it might sit in the garage un-used.. )

1st chop.....

1st addition

I guess you're wondering why I did this? The aftermarket pans that are 7 qts or more, have way too deep a sump. My car is in the dang weeds already, and I didn't want to have to go through what I went through with the duster, which was weld a steel plate to the bottom and pray like heck I don't hit big dips. IMO, that doesn't make for a nice comfortable ride when you're worried about knocking the pan off. No worries = dependable ride.

This pan is no lower than the front crossmember, so If I poke a hole in this one, there's going to be more messed up on the car than just the oil pan.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #30
The Funkmeister
I am not here.

The Funkmeister has disabled reputation
Looks awesome Bryan!!! Very very nice! I know exactly what your talking about as far as the oil pan dragging the ground. Took Bill (Saturnguy) for a lengthy cruise today and every dip I hit was dragging the ground with the pan. Good thing it has a skid plate welded to the bottom Hell just pulling down my street the crown of the road in the middle my pan was dragging (Bill and I couldn't believe it so we jumped out to look but of coarse our asses weren't in the car weighing the car down so I still have a couple of inches...lol.!

Bottom line....I have to raise my car back up...I have no option. Looks good but drives me fucking nuts worrying all the time. I have my eye on a trick coil-over set up for the front which will take care of my frontend woes. $589 later.

I need to stop by and check out your ride sometime soon. Keep up the great work.

Dave
The Funkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #31
Scammer

Scammer is damn lucky to even still be postingScammer is damn lucky to even still be postingScammer is damn lucky to even still be posting
bryan..goddamn..i dont kno you....name is kyle, and i wish u were a buick man..been lookin for man wit skillz like yours....and man r u talented...it looks fuckin awesome..im currently still saving up for my 492 bulldog buick block..man doesnt it feel good to have something different..and be awesome..ie buick, olds..MOPARS...looks good man..hey..any chance you kno any buick guys?

thanks

07 gsxr 600...Jordan Stunt bike

'71 Buick GS, 355/th350/355's 3k stall..miss
'84 'maro..."cut the mullet so i sold it"
Scammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #32
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Couple more that I forgot to post.

Custom rear coil-over crossmember.....

Rear coil-overs installed.....

Old 10-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #33
The Funkmeister
I am not here.

Bryan....are you supposed to mount those coil over straight up and down? I only ask because I was talking to a guy who had some coilovers installed recently and they had to remove and relocate them because they are supposed to be installed at a slight angle?? they were binding??(at least this is what he explained to me). Maybe I misunderstood him as I am not familiar with coil over set ups. Figured I would throw it out there and let you edjumacate me.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #34
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Well, they (the coil-overs) dont really care where you put them, or at what angle. However, you do need to make sure that however you install them, that they do not bind. The coil-overs that I installed have a rod-end style bearing at each end. Some have just a threaded rod and one rod end. As long as they can pivot at each end throughout the whole range of suspension motion, you're good. One of the main factors in installing coil-overs at an angle is the fact that the angle decreases spring rate and damping. If you'll look at the pic of the coil-over crossmember that I made, it has several bolt holes drilled in it. Those are for leaing the coil-overs in, about 10 degree increments if I measured right. I did this so I could play around with decreasing the spring rate without buying 4 or 5 sets of coil springs. If you mount them at a 45 degree angle, then you have effectively cut your spring rate in 1/2.....along with your dampening. This might not be exact(I can't remember where I read that, and I'm having trouble finding the article), but it's a close rule of thumb. I also think it has something to do with roll center, but in my case, I'm gonna let the watt's link take care of that.

Your buddy might have had some other dimensions goofed up somewhere.....there are 3 directions that you need to pay attention to when installing them, and if you're off on more than 1, you can cause suspension bind.

Well, I found the article...

Old 10-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #35
The Funkmeister
I am not here.

Ahhh....interesting. I know it was binding but I am not sure exactly how or why. He did say he had to cut the weld off and start from scratch.

Looks like you had it covered. When are you going to start the body? Let me know.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:03 PM   #36
RichardCranium
Administraightbanyourass

RichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this place
Looking good man.......progress of any kind is good.
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:14 PM   #37
Quick69
HPJ's official car whore

Quick69 might have posted something useful at one timeQuick69 might have posted something useful at one time
that car is coming together nicely, nothing like some fat mickey's tucked

haulin with the A/C on
Quick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:41 AM   #38
OriginalB1
1BadBomber

OriginalB1 is a good little Junkie
Cool

I like your pan, Tubbed! I decided to use the hemi pan after scraping (road hazzard)and denting up my milodon street/strip pan! They are nice pans and the 1/2 inch pick ups are sweet, but just too low for real street driving . imho!

Last edited by OriginalB1; 10-15-2006 at 05:39 PM..
OriginalB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #39
Crazy '70 Cuda
Got MOPAR

Crazy '70 Cuda has disabled reputation
Looks good.

Great progress.

'71 DEMON 360______________'70 CUDA 440_____________'89 DODGE RAM

Last edited by Crazy '70 Cuda; 12-21-2006 at 10:24 PM..
Crazy '70 Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #40
Bananaman
Slippery little sucker

Bananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this place
Awesome Man!
Bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #41
The Funkmeister
I am not here.

Holy old thread batman! Well....while I'm typing.....What's the status Bryan?

I am already ordering all the parts for the wife's new sedan. You better hurry up!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #42
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

I just got my check from where I was in India for two weeks. Lets just say that I'm placing a $1500 order that includes, cam, lifters, pushrods, intake, AN fittings and line and my remote water pump for the reverse cooling......
Old 12-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #43
The Funkmeister
I am not here.

Good deal!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #44
TSDuke
Busy

TSDuke has disabled reputation
Great project, I've always been partial to MOPAR. Subscribing for updates.
TSDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #45
LT1 in a 95 9c1

LT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed440
... and my remote water pump for the reverse cooling......
Taking a page from the LT1 book? Or is this something that Mopar beat GM to from long ago that I just don't know about?
"All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work."
-Thomas J. Watson
LT1 in a 95 9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #46
topend
6.0 > 351

topend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this placetopend is without a doubt too mature for this place
that thang got ah hemi?

89 Gt - One of them hollywood motaz in the works.
topend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #47
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 in a 95 9c1
Taking a page from the LT1 book? Or is this something that Mopar beat GM to from long ago that I just don't know about?
I wouldn't call it a page from the LT-1 book, I'd call it a page from the "if youre going to run the living shit out of it and want it to live" book. BBMopars didn't come that way from the factory.....and I think GM was one of the first engine manufacturers to do this, but hot rodders have been doing it for a while.....

Unlike the SBC, the BBM is much easier to reverse cool, and it doesn't look like a bowl of spaghetti gone bad when youre done. The BBM has an inlet and outlet hole on each side on the front of the block, stacked on top of each other. The top will be the inlet, and bottom will be the outlet.....whereas the SBC has one inlet and one outlet.

I'll post some pics when I'm in the stages of mocking that up too...but first, someone owes me a radiator....HINT HINT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topend
that thang got ah hemi?
Uh NO. It's 500 inches of PURE WEDGE.

Last edited by Tubbed440; 12-22-2006 at 01:27 PM..
Old 12-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #48
LT1 in a 95 9c1

LT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this place
LT1. Not LT-1. 23 years difference. But the LT1 was from the factory with the reverse flow cooling and that's one of the biggest reasons it's not compatable with a SBC genI. Anywho... when are we going to get to see some more pics of this monstah and is there even an ETA on the horizon as to when it's going to see the road?
"All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work."
-Thomas J. Watson
LT1 in a 95 9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #49
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Anywho... when are we going to get to see some more pics of this monstah?

As I get more done, I'll post up. So far, I've spent over 2.5 months out of the country this year for work. Next year is looking a little better, in that respect. I know of 3 days right now that I will be in the garage welding/cutting/fabbing stuff up, and that will be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

Quote:
and is there even an ETA on the horizon as to when it's going to see the road?
I have made completion dates in the past, and so far have not met any of them due to a hectic "life" schedule. I prefer not to set myself up for failure by just coming up with some "out of the hat" date that it will run. She'll come to life when she's ready, and HPJ will be the second to know, the first being my neighboors via the cam break-in with open headers and some 110 octane.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #50
zblackz28
LS FTW

zblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this placezblackz28 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Brain you have sweet skillz.