|04-02-2014, 08:17 PM||#1|
HPJ Site Supporter
Join Date: Oct 2008
Budget Street @ Holcomb Motorsports Civil Wars
500.00 to win if 8 Cars
1000.00 to win if 16 Cars
40.00 Car Entry
BODY & GLASS:
* Must have working headlights, tail lights, stock appearing interior, carpet, door panels, factory dash, 2 front upholstered seats, full stock floor pans, stock firewall. No bare metal or tinned interior.
* Lexan windows prohibited.
* Hood height limited to maximum 4" tall measured from the tallest part of the hood to base of the windshield (measured with a level sitting on the scoop).
* Turbo and superchargers not permitted forward facing air source.
* Fiberglass body panels limited to hood only except for OEM parts.
* Must measure within 1" of factory wheelbase, body may not be moved from stock location
* All vehicles must maintain a minimum ride height of at least 2.5" while at rest and at race weight. No part my hang down lower that 2.5" off the ground including exhaust.
* All cars must maintain factory front overhang and OEM dimensions front bumper.
* All vehicles minimum base weight with driver 3600lbs.
* No wheelie bars.
* Bolt on stock suspension only.
* All suspension must bolt up in the factory OEM bolt holes with no relocation brackets. Cars equipped from the factory with transmission mounted torque arm may utilize an aftermarket front mount with bolt height as close to the OEM mount height as possible.
* Aftermarket rear anti-roll bars are the only non factory type or welded on rear suspension part permitted.
* Rear coil-overs not allowed.
* All vehicles must retain the full factory frame rails. Notching for rear tire clearance is permitted. Notches must be on outside portion of frame only.
* All entries must use DOT legal street worthy radial drive tires with a maximum diameter of 28".
* Mickey Thompson Pro and Hosier not permitted.
* Non-drag compound street tires not permitted on the drive axle due to safety concerns and to keep from tearing up the starting line rubber.
* Single type power adder only.
* No multiple stages permitted.
Second kit wiring and feed lines must be fully removed.
If a car is found with a second stage hooked up on the track property, the racer will be disqualified from the event with no entry refund.
* Only one 10lb nitrous bottle allowed in car at a time and must be mounted in the trunk or hatch.
* Small block nitrous limited to a single nitrous solenoid with a maximum solenoid orifice size of .098” and a single true 4AN feed line. No nitrous line in the system may be larger than 4AN. Racers may be required to replace their line with one provided by tech if a non conventional 4an line is suspected.
* No billet wheels allowed.
* Maximum flange size T4.
* Maximum turbo compressor wheel 62mm measured tip to tip. (no reducers allowed to achieve this size and no clipped wheels)
* All turbos must utilize the original turbo manufacturers wheels for the turbo being used. No swapping to different manufacturers, 2nd party or custom wheels.
* All turbos must be completely manufactured by the company that made the housing. No second party turbo builder units or modified units permitted for any reason.
* You may be required at any time to remove your turbo and/or your turbo cover to be checked.
*Maximum supercharger sizes S-trim, Si, P1SC, NOVI-1200 or roots/screw superchargers with a maximum displacement of 3.0L unless they were OEM on the car.
*Centrifugal blowers must be side slinger belt driven.
* Water meth injection allowed with maximum 50% methanol mix. May be required to empty and replace with tech provided “Boost Juice”. May not be combined with any other type intercooler.
* Any intercooler permitted as long as it is under the hood 100% including plumbing.
* No nitrous or any other spray bar system permitted to chill intercooler or any part of a forced induction car.
* Mufflers required on all entries.
* Exhaust must route under the car, extend to within 12” of the rear axle and fully exit the outside perimeter of the car.
CYLINDER HEAD / ENGINE INDUCTION
* Small block, 6cyl or 4cyl only.
* OEM passenger vehicle engine blocks only except for Ford modular at base weight.
* Aftermarket block engines except Ford modular add 100lbs.
* LS based engine combos add 50lbs with OEM unported cathedral port heads, 100lbs with aftermarket, any rectangular OEM or any ported OEM heads.
* Maximum engine stroke permitted 4.0".
* All pushrod engines must utilize a hydraulic or hydraulic roller lifter.
* Maximum lift permitted measured at the valve .600".
* All cylinder heads must be non raised intake runner with stock valve angle. Must maintain the automobile OEM intake manifold bolt pattern. Ford TFS-R permitted. TFS LS permitted.
* Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile combos permitted if 440ci or less.
* Cast single 4150 type or non converted cast fuel injection type manifolds only.
* High rise or tunnel ram manifolds not permitted.
* All manifolds must be manufactured for the type cylinder head you are using.
* All cars must have a radiator.
* Pump 93 octane gasoline is the only fuel permitted.
* Methanol only allowed in a 50/50 mix with water on non intercooled cars only.
* Any ignition or EFI permitted.
* Progressive nitrous controllers & programmable boost controllers allowed.
* All cars must have a working alternator in use.
WEIGHT PENALTIES AND DEDUCTIONS
* SB nitrous - 8.2 deck or modular deduct 50lbs
* Aftermarket block engines except Ford modular add 100lbs.
* LS based engine combos add 50lbs.
STAGING LANE AND ROUND PROCEDURE
* All vehicles must be driven to the staging lanes under their own power. May be towed back to the pits after the pass.
* When the official working the lanes gives the command, the first 2 pairs must fire their engines and idle until called to the water box. As the first 2 cars move up the next set of cars in the 3rd row must fire their engines then the 4th row as the 2nd pair pulls up, ect. The first 2 pairs of cars must always be running unless an official gives the OK to shut them off. Failure to start within 30 seconds of being told to fire or the beginning of the burnout by a car 2 rows ahead in line will disqualify the un-fired car.
* Failure to pull to the water box within 30 seconds of being motioned up by an official will result in disqualification.
* If a car dies before taking a beam, the driver has 30 seconds to re-fire before disqualification.
* If a car has any other mechanical issue after pulling to the water box and taking the first beam, the driver and crew member has 30seconds to get it corrected before being disqualified. Examples would be a stuck purge valve or loose part.
* Only 2 crew members allowed in the staging area past the burnout box with the car. This includes a team or family member filming or watching. After the first offense warning, the second time will disqualify the racer.
* Deep staging allowed at drivers own risk, no provisions made to hold the tree for the driver.
* If a driver double bulbs, the other driver does not have to pull up to the first beam. He can make the other driver back out and pre-stage again.
* Once a racer takes the tree in qualifying they are counted in the ladder, will receive participation points and may not get an entree refund.
* Rules are subject to change and any combination that shows to have an definite advantage can be penalized to equalize the competition.
* Weather and time permitting, there will be 2 qualifying sessions. The quickest time will be the official qualifying time. Racers will be paired according to a pro-ladder. Driver with the quicker E.T. in the previous round during eliminations will have lane choice.
* If a race ends for any reason during a round of competition no points will be given for that unfinished round.
* Any minor intentional or unintentional rule infraction that does not cause a definite advantage will result in loss of any points and winnings achieved while in violation.
* Any intentional rule infraction done to gain advantage over the competition will result in disqualification a $3000 fine and suspension from all KOTS and CW races until the fine is paid in full.
* Treat the other driver the way you want to be treated.
* If you have a problem with another driver or team, take it up with an official (in an civil manner) not the other driver or team. If anyone starts an altercation with anyone else (right or wrong) they will be fined $500 and not be allowed in the competition area until the fine us paid (the instigator only not the entire team).
* KOTS has the right to inspect vehicles and support vehicles at anytime for rule violations. This includes tear downs and/or PNG engine measurements. Refusal to allow an inspection or tear down will be considered the same as a performance rule violation and will require the same penalty.
If a racer believes another competitor in the same class is in violation of a rule, he or she may protest that racer for further inspection. The protesting racer must have a tech card for the current race. The racer making the claim must specify the violation to be checked for and put up a $200 protest bond plus any additional costs. Additional costs include but are not limited to damaged parts, gaskets, and reassembly fees by a professional shop of the car owners choice. Maximum shop fees will be set at the time of protest to not be excessive for the work to be done at the judgment of the KOTS president. If the racer is found guilty of that rule violation, the claimant will get his protest money back and will not be responsible for additional costs.
In the event of inclimate weather , the decision to call a race is the decision of the hosting track.
Last edited by holcombford; 04-02-2014 at 08:20 PM..
|Sesame Street 275|