HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 05-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #201
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Thanks for the encouraging words fellas. I'm doing what I can with the minimal amount of extra time I have at the moment. As usual, I'm trying to do too many things at the same time. I'm building a 2001 CR250, a 93 YZ250, find and fix up the wife a horse trailer, continue to work on and sort out my 85 Chevy dually, keep my Probe running (270,000 miles now ) and keep the wife's car up to snuff (99 Pontiac Grand AM GT) - all while working about 60 hrs a week. Thank God that the days have gotten longer is all I have to say.
https://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #202
Littlemotor

Littlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbed440 View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words fellas. I'm doing what I can with the minimal amount of extra time I have at the moment. As usual, I'm trying to do too many things at the same time. I'm building a 2001 CR250, a 93 YZ250, find and fix up the wife a horse trailer, continue to work on and sort out my 85 Chevy dually, keep my Probe running (270,000 miles now ) and keep the wife's car up to snuff (99 Pontiac Grand AM GT) - all while working about 60 hrs a week. Thank God that the days have gotten longer is all I have to say.

I have $100 says you juggle chainsaws at night when nobody is looking.

You'll git-R-done man, you always seem to keep shit moving.
Littlemotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #203
nitrousjunkie
Tony McKellar

nitrousjunkie is a good little Junkie
You got skilz!

nitrousjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #204
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Thanks guys.

I have a NON PICTURE update.

I just talked with Ross McCombs from Quick time performance products, the people who make SFI approved bell housings. The one that they just released is for a BBM to 4l60, not a 4L80. He was unaware that there was a difference - so we got that cleared up this afternoon on the telephone. 5 months of waiting kinda wasted right there.

At any rate, Ross, being the uber cool guy that he is, is going to custom make a bell housing for my application, for no extra charge. All I have to do is send him a front pump for a 4L80E, and the depth of the bell housing.

I'm excited and disheartened at the same time - thinking that by this time next week I would have the one thing that has held me up for so long. Oh well, such is life.

Progress on the intake has come to a screeching halt - I've had both machines tied up here at work (actually doing work ) for the past couple of weeks making parts for a re-design I did on an actuator. Hopefully, after this week, I can get back to work on the intake and have some cool photos to post up for your viewing pleasure.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #205
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Another update. Edelbrock thought it would funny to go ahead and release this.

https://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...chrysler.shtml

Well, at least my intake will support a 105mm TB instead of that tiny 90mm.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #206
BigDyno
HPJ Site Supporter

BigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this placeBigDyno is without a doubt too mature for this place
When did they come out with that fi intake for 440?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #207
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDyno View Post
When did they come out with that fi intake for 440?
I dunno. I just saw where some dude on the turbo forums posted it up - and that was two days ago, I believe. If looks anything like the one that I saw at Mayhem for the LS series engines, it's a rather ugly duckling - and quite TALL.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #208
Littlemotor

Littlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this placeLittlemotor is without a doubt too mature for this place
You need some more pics. Congrats on the bellhousing man.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #209
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlemotor View Post
You need some more pics. Congrats on the bellhousing man.

Yea, you're right. I have not totally whored out my thread like the "All Mighty" Littlemotor. That cartoon movie you did still trips me out.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #210
Littlemotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbed440 View Post
Yea, you're right. I have not totally whored out my thread like the "All Mighty" Littlemotor. That cartoon movie you did still trips me out.

LOL, shit, I didnt set the standard! I learned to properly document a forum thread from the likes of you and Darren. Pic quality is of course sub-par in comparison by a fucking MILE, but it's documented none the less. I don't know where in the hell I get my "novels" from, I reckon that's just me.

We all know pics = replies too.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #211
purpleyotagb

purpleyotagb has no rep around here.
whats the spring rate on the back springs
purpleyotagb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #212
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleyotagb View Post
whats the spring rate on the back springs
If I remember correctly, they are 150 lb springs on the rear and 650's on the front. That may change after I complete the car. I'm a looooooooooong ways from settling on a spring rate.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #213
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Big block Mopar to 4L80E

Something came in last week. I should have this installed on the trans later tonight.

Last edited by Tubbed440; 11-05-2009 at 08:41 AM..
Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #214
Littlemotor

THE SEXORZ!!!!!!!

I know you are one happy dude! The avvy's are fucking KILLING ME in this thread.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #215
72chevy2
Horsepower Consultant

72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place
72chevy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:44 PM   #216
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
Awesome Brian, I may live to see this thing run!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #217
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Something else showed up in the mail at the house today.

I got it from here: https://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/

I may try and get one of these too - or just make my own.

https://www.powertraincontrolsolution...dleshifter.php
Old 08-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #218
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
it will be badass
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #219
1wildcoupe
BigBlockPowa!!!!!

1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place1wildcoupe is without a doubt too mature for this place
now thats some purrttyyyy parts!! if this thing ever runs in my lifetime its gonna be some kinda badass!! lol

1999 Silverado
1wildcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #220
Akhenaton
Fucker got booted!

Akhenaton has disabled reputation
Sweet

BTW your avatar makes you look like Phil Spector from back in the day!!!
Akhenaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 PM   #221
Akhenaton
Fucker got booted!

Akhenaton has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
Sweet

BTW your avatar makes you look like Phil Spector from back in the day!!!
Akhenaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #222
Littlemotor

Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #223
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Started getting the trans ready to receive the new bell housing today.

More to come tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #224
cold85

cold85 might have posted something useful at one time
Can I have a dollar for everytime I have looked in this thread?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #225
LT1 in a 95 9c1

LT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLT1 in a 95 9c1 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Are you really going to be one of the first people to run a 4L80E behind a Mopar Bigblock? Surprised it hasn't been popularized because of the 4L80's combination of OD and being able to be built for incredible tq capabilities.

So, what's the run down on things left to do now that the trans is moving forward?
"All the problems of the world could be settled easily if men were only willing to think. The trouble is that men very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work."
-Thomas J. Watson
LT1 in a 95 9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote