HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 03-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #51
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTPerformance View Post
Looks good man you going to keep sleeper look
Yeah I might do a cowl hood but that would be it.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #52
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Well not much to add right now. Got the truck in the shop before my wife had the baby and got some accessories bolted up, under side done, and that's about it. Got it to where power is hooked up and I can sit in it and turn the key on with all the lights on lol.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #53
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

It runs!! I had to figure out why it had 3 cylinders had misfires and found that 3,5,and 6 had dead injectors. Got them in and its good!

https://youtu.be/UwN8HZUXocg

https://youtu.be/-H9c503-H08
Old 07-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #54
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
sounds good!
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #55
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

So, a lot has happened with this truck. Had about 5k miles on the 4.3 I built and something broke. Had a dead cylinder. After finding high leak down in a few cylinders I pulled the valve covers. Had a broken Comp Cams double valve spring. Also I believe my high leak down was possibly from the injectors washing the rings out when first trying to get it running. I should of known better to trust those injectors after those years of sitting. The engine would also build up pressure in the cooling system very quick, which I found to be the #6 cylinder head bolts broke loose very easily. Not sure why, but when I installed them I did a few torque cycles of tighten, loosen. tighten, loosen, etc over a period of time. I decided instead of putting more money into the motor to do what I should have in the first place, LQ9 swap

As of now I got an '02 LQ9 that is being honed, SRP or Weisco pistons, bearings, LS9 head gaskets, ARP head bolts, and probably a BTR stage 2 truck cam. Trying to keep it fairly stock for now but I want to build it with longevity in mind. Heads are the stock 317's that will get a valve job and cleaning. I have all of Holley's LS swap parts for it and a Current Performance swap harness. I didn;t think it would take this long for the machine work as it has been there for about 11 months for a hone and balance the rotating asm..... I was planning to already be driving this.

I will go back through the 4.3 one day and maybe swap it into another truck with the Procharger setup and have some fun. My oldest has about 5 years before he starts driving so that should give me an excuse to get it back up.

Tags
p1sc, procharger, s10