Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Off Topic and More > Junkies Den

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 02-21-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Cool Milwaukee Hatchet

Dad got me one for Christmas and I had a chance to use it this week. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works! I have/had a few over grown cedars. About 20-25 feet tall and one was leaning/growing at almost a 45* angle. The Hatchet cut right through the branches like butter! Largest branch was about 2.5" in diameter.

I also cut one down completely. The trunk was about 6-8" in diameter, kind of oval shaped. Larger then the length of the saw. I just kind of went in a half circle around the base and it cut with ease!
I didn't get a picture of the final cut, will try tomorrow if the rain holds off.

A few times cutting branches from the wrong angle it pinched and stopped the saw. Or if I put too much pressure on it the saw stopped.
I was using a generic '6.0' amazon/ebay battery, that is probably more like a 3.0 battery.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...7-20/313506666

I took down the one towards the fence.
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:49 PM   #2
jcsperson

jcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this place
Pretty cool item.
jcsperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Never seen one, that is pretty cool. I was out cutting trees off the road that fell during the storm making good time with my 1978 Homelite EZ Automatic. Damn thing sounds cool and has serious ass. Got pinched on a complex pile and engine backfired, think it blew the reeds out of the carb. Floods now, have rebuild on the way. Was laughing at the yuppies that pulled up in the XC90 and had an electric saw.. His was still going while I was cranking with no love. Electric is making more sense..
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:57 AM   #4
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Several companies make battery powered chain saws with normal size bars and chains. They usually use two batteries so they have plenty of power. The simplicity of popping in a couple batteries and going to work is nice! Sure the sound and smell of a 2 stroke wide open is cool, but sometimes the quiet is nice too...

I have an '80's Sthil chain saw with 16 or 18 inch bar and it works fine, but not really easy to use for small work...
Old 02-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
jcsperson

jcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this place
I have a little Stihl to do my thicker limbs and such. I use a battery-powered recip saw for pruning. I got a carbide blade for it. It's slower than a chain saw but the cuts are a lot cleaner and you can get in tight spots the chain saw can't touch.

jcsperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #6
rcktpwrd

I also have a Makita 18v recip saw and pruning blades for it. I have used it plenty that way and it works well. Hell years ago Dad would send me up a tree with a corded recip saw to prune branches!
Old 02-23-2021, 05:28 AM   #7
HotSoup

HotSoup has disabled reputation
Dewalt 12" 20v chainsaw here, I bought it after trying to crank my piece of shit ryobi for 20 minutes before finally throwing it at the tree. Haven't looked back, I'm not a logger and don't need a gas one.
HotSoup is offline   Reply With Quote