HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 09-14-2020, 07:28 AM   #476
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
very nice
Old 09-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #477
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Thank ya sir.

Here's outside video of my first run. I really screwed up and was blowing past a slalom on the back side of the course. I was thinking it was pretty sketchy having a straightaway, was getting into third gear which was 60+mph.. I got a little more aggressive during my "heat" but only had 5 laps and couldn't really get anything done.

https://youtu.be/ered7AeIQUI
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #478
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
looks good out there!
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:45 AM   #479
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Talking

Preciate it!

Guys, it's finally happened! My 15 yr old daughter asked to learn how to drive the chevelle!!!

I immediately dropped everything I was doing and we were gone. Headed down to a nearly shut down, quiet mall in Reidsville. She had a couple stalls, then had to work her way through cam surge in 1st gear. Hopefully my neck and clutch springs survived that. Thought the stuff swinging on the rear view was going to crack the windshield.

Here she's texting her friends to tell them what they can have if she dies, this was after the first cam surge event. Lol, she ended up battling through it and got into second.

2020-09-21_08-44-43 by Jeff Bowne, on Flickr

Got her courage screwed up enough to take it down a side road, then she was done. I hopped back in and started home. She'd watched me drive before but now she knew what to look for and I saw her gears turning as we were leaving town. As soon as we cleared the city limits she wanted another try. Switched seats and she drove 10 miles back to the house. I had to man the shifter just to coax her along, but there's good things coming. I'm already seeing her tripping the lights at the big end.

Looking at this face you could almost imagine hearing her balls clanging when she walked after getting out of the car. She took the rodeo and won, I'm a proud papa.

0920201938 by Jeff Bowne, on Flickr

Also had the car cleaned up for a car show that was local, also received a sticker from the get out and drive podcast. Had to grab some groceries, stopped by the park and got a video for them to hopefully help get the word out of their October 4th get out and drive day.

https://youtu.be/fU9QXOG1E4A

Last edited by Hotwire; 09-22-2020 at 05:50 AM..
Old 09-22-2020, 06:34 AM   #480
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
Nice!
TTSALEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #481
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
That's awesome man!
https://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #482
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
That is great!
I bet most of the kids her age have no idea how to drive or interest in a manual transmission vehicle!
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #483
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Made it out to Piedmont last night for "street style" track surface test and tune. They avoid saying no prep to keep the Oklahoma boys at home.

Went straight to the staging lanes when I arrived and ran the fastest pass of the night, even took out my 2.xx 60' curse. That was my best ET and 60' so far. Couldn't duplicate it the rest of the night.

2020-09-24_02-31-12

I need to invest in better tires, once I can get off the line I know the time slips will look a lot better, but then that dominos into better axles to keep from walking/tearing a rear quarter off the car.

This is basically how my runs looked. No one ran beside me, threw me off, had pre-staged and waited. As soon as I tripped stage they ran the lights and I rushed to cut the light like an idiot. 8.331 @ 88.01

https://youtu.be/bg4bga-2WvA
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM   #484
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Not bad for the ol' heavy chevy while rowing gears!
https://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1964, chevelle, lsx, malibu