HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-17-2020, 09:44 AM   #501
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Yup, time for a rear seat cover. Love the way this thing came out!
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #502
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
looks really good! nice job
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #503
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Thanks guys! Currently in process of trying to find a mexican blanket / seat cover for it.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:52 AM   #504
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Car put in some work last week. Went south to help my buddies out and try out a new drive they found in north GA.

Between Mon & Wed I put 1,008 miles on the ol girl and she just kept going. We found a motorcycle fans driving map that we decided to check out, it's called the Suches Loop. My god was it an awesome experience! The roads were incredible, just fun sweeping curves, scenery you'd find on postcards, and peaceful in between cruising made this day perfect! We hit the highest elevation in GA on Blood Mountain, hard to take everything in, keep up with your buddies, realize the scenery around you, and keep your ears popped all at the same time. Can't wait to get back and try it again.. when it's warmer.. We hit ice/snow/salt on the drive that we weren't expecting, all of us had to do extremely thorough cleaning to get all the calcium chloride off our cars. I ordered salt neutralizer that I will be hosing the underside of my car with in hopes of stopping any more damage.

https://eatsleepride.com/c/42358/the...eorgias_dragon

Some pics from the run, got to hang out, wrench, and ride. Was a needed trip with good times sprinkled in. Unfortunately we were so tied up in driving we didn't stop to get any beauty shots or videos while on the loop. Buddy with the vega did a bucket list vette purchase, it's a nice car and he had a blast driving around instead of worrying about everything like we were.

2021-01-05_07-23-48

2021-01-05_07-24-15

2021-01-05_07-24-32

2021-01-05_07-24-44

In other news, front door panels are pushed out to the 27th, window cranks 4/25. All the interior parts were ordered 9/4/20. Got to love restoration.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:44 AM   #505
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Yea man, waiting on parts is tough, especially right now. I built automotive testing equipment for a living, and anything that we don't machine in house is a bitch to get. Looks like you have fun on that ride - I hope to get back in the game before too long.
https://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:30 AM   #506
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Get on it man! I like that loop better than tail of the dragon. On the dragon it's like drinking from a firehose, this loop isn't as condensed so you get to enjoy the drive more.

I hate I don't have my panels, very thankful they're not gating items to be roadworthy, that would suck.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:25 PM   #507
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
looks like a fun drive!
Old 02-21-2021, 10:55 AM   #508
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Not a whole lot to report, cars gotten dirty sitting in the garage, never covered it after GA clean up.. Taken it out a couple times and have parts stacking up but have a handful of excuses.. Carpet, kick panels with speaker mounts, amplifier, body bushings, possibly retrofitting LED trailer lights into the rear housings.. Have had some side jobs but lately just the cold and working on everyone else's broken crap has killed the drive to wrench on my own.

Did go for a sunset cruise with daughter last night. Car is dirty but still looked decent enough to get pics of new spots.

Last edited by Hotwire; 03-14-2021 at 08:32 PM..
Old 02-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #509
rcktpwrd

Still looking good!
Old 02-21-2021, 07:17 PM   #510
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Good to see you still going with it!! Ever heard anything about your old blazer?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #511
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Preciate it guys!

Believe it or not I got a weird text in November from a number I didn't know. Truck's passed 3 hands since I sold it, it's now in SC. Talked with new owner for a bit, seems like a nice guy, gave him the link to my thread here, unsure if he's looked over the whole build and drama that went with it. Sounds like it's still pretty much how I'd sold it, same exhaust, has TBSS intake, unsure if anything else has been done.

Looked up the guy's number, he's a tuner, so hopefully it's getting some love. Think it was beat on, said stall converter is stalling around 4500 now.

oh.. nevermind.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...7480&__tn__=-R
Old 03-01-2021, 11:24 AM   #512
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
gorgeous
Old 03-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #513
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwilson View Post
gorgeous
Thank ya sir!

Got some time in the garage this weekend. Installed my front door panels that finally showed up after ordering them 6 months ago. Used new inserts, plastic water shields, new armrests, and door handles. Window cranks are still on back order till June. Also replaced the gauge cluster. Old one literally fell apart when I was replacing the stereo. Used rustoleum silver and satin clear, came out better than I ever could imagined. Line lock is also now wired up too. Detailed the letters in the dash with a paint pen too.

Prepping for carpet I threw down some por15.

While I was waiting for it to dry I went about changing the body mounts. For some reason the ones in front of the rear tires were never installed. All bolts except for one came out like butter. Really surprised as I do believe these are the originals and the amount of rust in this car had me seriously concerned it was going to be a bad time.

Paint cured so carpet went in. Wasn't bad just took a lot longer than I expected. Cutting the carpet for the seat mounts and belt bolts was a challenge.

Just have to get the bolts cinched down then it's time to see how much better this ride is.

Last edited by Hotwire; 03-14-2021 at 08:36 PM..
Old 03-15-2021, 06:04 PM   #514
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
clean
Old 03-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #515
rcktpwrd

Really looking good!

Gonna be so much better to cruise in now, much more comfortable in looks and sound.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #516
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Ya it is!! Looking REAL good!!
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:51 AM   #517
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Damn! That's super nice!
Old 03-19-2021, 07:40 AM   #518
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Thanks guys.. First ride the whole family wanted to go.. Think it's time for heavier springs and shocks. Dammit. Extra weight of the carpet took it from balanced to soft. I'll get another ride once it dries up and see how it is without the extra bodies.

Signed up for a little fun this weekend, but hoping the added weight doesn't detract from track time.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-masses-982181

Figured $60 and within driving distance, why the hell not. This will be a faster setup then I've been on since I put the car together, hoping to learn a little more about the car.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:09 AM   #519
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post

Signed up for a little fun this weekend, but hoping the added weight doesn't detract from track time.

Figured $60 and within driving distance, why the hell not. This will be a faster setup then I've been on since I put the car together, hoping to learn a little more about the car.

Damn, that's about 10 minutes from my house. I guess it's not open to just anyone though after reading a bit further - and I'm 11 hours late for registration.

"Must be an M4theM solo approved driver or have verifiable HPDE/Race experience. No 4x4 SUV or other non-SCCA autocross legal cars without prior approval. Convertible drivers contact the organizer to make sure your car is approved.

Tech Sheet Please have filled out in advance. You may do it yourself if you feel qualified.".

I'm assuming there is some kinda process that has to take place to become a "certified solo driver"? Something like this would be fun to take Z out to.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #520
Mwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Thanks guys.. First ride the whole family wanted to go.. Think it's time for heavier springs and shocks. Dammit. Extra weight of the carpet took it from balanced to soft. I'll get another ride once it dries up and see how it is without the extra bodies.

get 38 way double adjustable coilovers like I did and be done forever! infinate adjustability for future changes
Old 03-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #521
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbed440 View Post
Damn, that's about 10 minutes from my house. I guess it's not open to just anyone though after reading a bit further - and I'm 11 hours late for registration.

"Must be an M4theM solo approved driver or have verifiable HPDE/Race experience. No 4x4 SUV or other non-SCCA autocross legal cars without prior approval. Convertible drivers contact the organizer to make sure your car is approved.

Tech Sheet Please have filled out in advance. You may do it yourself if you feel qualified.".

I'm assuming there is some kinda process that has to take place to become a "certified solo driver"? Something like this would be fun to take Z out to.
I wasn't sure if I was "qualified" either.. Sent the organizer an email asking specifics, we exchanged emails, I sent him links to my autocross videos, and he said I was in. Basically just have to show self/car control and not try to kill yourself or others in the process.

If you have a Snell helmet come out. If we're allowed passengers you're welcome to ride and I'm sure there are other people that would take you. You might not want to be seen with me afterwards, feel I'm going to have my ass handed to me by a couple miatas.

Quote:
get 38 way double adjustable coilovers like I did and be done forever! infinate adjustability for future changes
Holy shit man, you got all the adjustments! Not sure I can swing those, I have had my eye on coilovers but don't think I'll be getting them. My frame is a wet noodle and I'd have to do all kinds of reinforcing in the rear to run them. Pretty sure it'd be a frame off kind of deal. I could run them in the front though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70 View Post
Yup, time for a rear seat cover. Love the way this thing came out!
yea, kind of cheated.. found some mexican blankets on amazon. Thought they wouldn't have as much light color as they do, but crime scene is covered for now.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kMJxvH]
Old 03-20-2021, 07:59 PM   #522
Mwilson

dang I didnt realize that I just thought it was a bolt on?
Old 03-22-2021, 04:30 AM   #523
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Quote:
dang I didnt realize that I just thought it was a bolt on?
The frames on these 1st gen a-bodies aren't the best. If you drive them hard the top shock mounts will crack, if you rest the weight of the car on them, it's a whole nother story.

Had the time of my life yesterday! I did overheat my ps pump using way too much steering and brakes, on the hunt for a cooler I can add to the lines. When I got there not many people gave me a second glance, I was new to the scene amidst a sea of miatas, subarus, mustangs, corvettes, etc. Only thing there older than 90s was a cobra that was definitely race. After my first session there were people waiting at my parking spot, I'd changed some minds.

Also was getting pretty squirrelly on the curve after that straightaway. Mulling it over on the way home I realized there was too much rear brake bias.. Forehead slap, could have rode it out longer..

I was a pile of nerves concentrating on the car, didn't take a single pic or vid but had some people wanting to share theirs, this is what I got so far.

https://youtu.be/7fEnTr4lUyY
Old 03-22-2021, 08:49 AM   #524
Mwilson

badass car sounds good!
Old 03-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #525
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Hate I missed it man, sounds like you had a good time!

Tags
1964, chevelle, lsx, malibu