Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Red01WS6

Red01WS6 is without a doubt too mature for this placeRed01WS6 is without a doubt too mature for this placeRed01WS6 is without a doubt too mature for this placeRed01WS6 is without a doubt too mature for this placeRed01WS6 is without a doubt too mature for this placeRed01WS6 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Send a message via AIM to Red01WS6 Send a message via Yahoo to Red01WS6
Suzuki Forenza transmission codes

My wife has a 06 Suzuki Forenza that has been throwing the P0705 and P0700 codes. Word on the web is that these codes (at least 705) don't fall under the 100K warranty. I know the 700 means there are more codes stored in the transmission, but I am hoping that it is referencing this speed sensor thing that 705 points toward.

P0705 - Transmission Rance Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)
P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)

The codes aren't constantly thrown, sometimes it can be a week. Once they are thrown, it's like the car doesn't have a 1st gear. (Auto). You can turn the car off and back on and the codes are still there but it drives fine until the codes are actually thrown again. I hope this means it is a simple switch failing.

Anyone here ever worked on a Suzuki transmission and can give advice, as in is this "transmission range sensor" an external sensor I can replace?

This is about all I have found on the web that is worth repeating: http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-...ge-sensor.html
Red01WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Silver91Hatch

Silver91Hatch is without a doubt too mature for this placeSilver91Hatch is without a doubt too mature for this placeSilver91Hatch is without a doubt too mature for this placeSilver91Hatch is without a doubt too mature for this placeSilver91Hatch is without a doubt too mature for this placeSilver91Hatch is without a doubt too mature for this place
The range sensor or MLP sensor in Ford talk is the "Manual Lever Position" sensor. Its , mounted, again on a Ford, where the shift cable attachs to the transmission.

"Some people without brains do a lot of talking" Scarecow - Wizard of Oz.
Silver91Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote