Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > Car Talk

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 09-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
One Man, One Night, with 2 Cars and a Welder..

So yesterday I picked up a Jeep Grand Cherokee from a friend to use as a donor vehicle.
V8, 4WD for $300..

Add that plus $125 worth of new steel to build a frame, and my $100 37 Ford.

Pulled an all nighter last night and 15hrs later..

Jeep CARcass

and what maybe the first 4wd 37 Ford sedan, lol

Still have a long way to go.. Front end is just resting there, its not mounted.. Body still needs to come down 6 more inches, but I need some skinny wheels and tires with less backspacing so the body can come down between them, then I can build a floor..
I planned on getting more done, but my help bailed, so I was working by myself last night

Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
smokedu

smokedu is without a doubt too mature for this placesmokedu is without a doubt too mature for this placesmokedu is without a doubt too mature for this placesmokedu is without a doubt too mature for this placesmokedu is without a doubt too mature for this placesmokedu is without a doubt too mature for this place
My god you have some energy! Always nice seeing what you will come up with next.
smokedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
CYRUSWS6
X275 Radial Racer

CYRUSWS6 best poster evAr!!!!!!111CYRUSWS6 best poster evAr!!!!!!111CYRUSWS6 best poster evAr!!!!!!111CYRUSWS6 best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Thats going to be SWEET!!!!

2013 Dragging Rights FAST FOUR Champion!!
Old 09-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Gotta follow this one!!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
jcsperson

jcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this place
I'm pretty amazed how straight and clean that Cherokee is. Hard to believe it was only $300. Looking forward to the finished product.
jcsperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:15 AM   #6
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsperson View Post
I'm pretty amazed how straight and clean that Cherokee is. Hard to believe it was only $300. Looking forward to the finished product.
It's a 93, It was from a friend. He was no longer using it and needed money fast.
He said if he didn't need the $ he would have given it to me. I once gave him a 2000 S10 that there was nothing wrong with.. I got it to use as a donor, didn't end up using it. He was in need of a vehicle so I gave it to him.. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are good ones.

He said it had a miss at idle, but had plenty of power. I drove it before tearing it apart, and it went down the road just fine, and the miss was a slightly rough idle, not really bad at all..

He was thinking it was a head gasket, but after getting it here, there was no antifreeze or moisture in the oil, so I thought maybe sticking injector or something, however when pulling the motor, just reaching around the motor knocked a few plug wires off the plugs.

When I looked, it was a universal set of wires and the ends he crimped himself had come loose, so I think maybe the universal badly crimped plug wires was the missfire issue.

Once I pick up a carbureted intake and new distributor I will install some new plugs and wires and am pretty certain that will take care of it.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #7
NCHorseplay
Horseplay Motorsports

NCHorseplay is a good little Junkie
Great looking build, would love to see the rear section of the frame and how both the front and rear suspension are mounted.
NCHorseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #8
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
Very impressive! Love the fab work!
TTSALEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:29 AM   #9
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
Was it Keith who you got the Jeep from?
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #10
Bradley
FAST

Bradley has no rep around here.
Im not a huge fan of rat rods because I think "most" of the time its cheap shit thrown together to try and make something cool. BUT when you take the iniative to go with a 4wd setup on a new frame, build floors that are channeled to drop the body.. that's different. The 4wd aspect is freakin awesome.

Are you going to run a street style tire or some nasty mud / off road tire?
Old 09-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
RichardCranium
Administraightbanyourass

RichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this place
Different is definitely cool. Judging by your rendering, I'll def be keeping up with this build.
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #12
Blue70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
Was it Keith who you got the Jeep from?
Yes it was, lol
Old 09-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
Blue70

NCHorseplay

I think I may have one of the rear on the camera, if not, its still wide open and I can get one.
The front is not mounted yet. I think I am going to do a radius arm setup to keep it simple and cheap.

Kind of hard to see, but kind of like this

Old 09-14-2015, 09:02 AM   #14
98camarod

98camarod has no rep around here.
That's creative as hell! Why not keep the fuel injection though?
98camarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:03 AM   #15
Blue70

Bradley

My original plan was whitewalls

then found out how much they cost!!

Then thought of big offroad tires

and realized what THEY cost!!

Now I am debating vintage military tires

Old 09-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #16
Blue70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98camarod View Post
That's creative as hell! Why not keep the fuel injection though?
I dont want to try to hide all the extra wiring, computer, etc. it's not very good looking either.

Carb will keep wiring to a minimum and saves me from trying to weed what I need and dont need out of the stock Jeep harness.

I am all for fuel injection in old cars, just not this one..
Old 09-14-2015, 09:22 AM   #17
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70 View Post
Yes it was, lol

LoL, I figured, since he's such a good guy.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #18
Bradley
FAST

Bradley has no rep around here.
I'd put Super Swamper Boggers on that bitch! And upswept headers!
Old 09-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #19
Blue70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
I'd put Super Swamper Boggers on that bitch! And upswept headers!
I wanted to do something like this...
but have you ever priced a set of 44" super swamper boggers?
Those are 44s in the rear and 39.5s in the front

Old 09-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #20
SlowHawk

SlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this placeSlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this placeSlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this placeSlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this placeSlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this placeSlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this placeSlowHawk is without a doubt too mature for this place
haha bad ass dude, this build definitely has potential
Old 09-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70 View Post
I wanted to do something like this...
but have you ever priced a set of 44" super swamper boggers?
Those are 44s in the rear and 39.5s in the front
Other thing to think about is not being able to cruise with your arm out the window from all the rocks the gumbo mudder tread will be throwing at you. I vote old school jeep tires, should give it an awesome look and be able to easily smoke all 4.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #22
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Very cool build!!! I really like that your doing something way different too.
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:50 AM   #23
03blackgt

03blackgt best poster evAr!!!!!!11103blackgt best poster evAr!!!!!!11103blackgt best poster evAr!!!!!!11103blackgt best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Wish I had HALF your ambition!!! Great stuff as usual.
03blackgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #24
turd ferguson
Fucker got booted!

turd ferguson has disabled reputation
It is time to quit your day job and let your projects take precedent!!!
turd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote