Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 AM   #26
Birdman

Birdman is a good little Junkie
Hey man, what's up! Long time no speak!
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #27
Birdman

Just got back from the TA Nationals, so I haven't had a chance to get the 2" cowl hood that Firewheel Classics donated home yet, it's in my office at work.

But I did get a LS1 master cylinder from a good friend of mine.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:47 PM   #28
Birdman

Got some new goodies today!

Steel 2" cowl hood donated by Firewheel Classics. This thing is SWEET and is gonna look killer on the car!

Also got a new gas tank and RS grille donated by Eckler's Camaro. These are gonna look sweet as well!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #29
diablostang
-----

diablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this placediablostang is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Hey man, what's up! Long time no speak!

yeah, for sure. How was the nats this year?
diablostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #30
Birdman

Dude, it was awesome. I already can't wait for next year. The best show I've ever been to.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #31
Birdman

Got a new black carpet set in today donated by Rick's First Gen!

Sept 29th is the day we're grabbing the car. The truck is reserved and the trailer borrowed, the build officially begins on Sept. 30th!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #32
Birdman

Got some new parts in! Thanks to WS6 on the pro-touring board for donating this LS1 valley pan!

And thanks to Gail Day Automotive Memorabilia for donating this T56 6-spd shift ball!

And we also recieved this blue LED Raptor shift light donated by R&D Speed!

I also just got back from AutoFair yesterday. I took a bunch of flyers and handed out about 50 to different vendors and told them what I was doing. Most of them seemed very interested, and all listened to me, so that was cool! I got the shift ball from a vendor, hopefully we get some more from it as everyone gets back home from the show!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #33
Birdman

It is all set up to pick up the car on the 29th. The guy installed new front floorboards, a new door skin, a hood, and a new dash panel. Here are the pics he sent me so I know what I'm picking up on the 29th. 8)

Old 09-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #34
Birdman

Got some more goodies in today! Toyo tires has generously donated a set of Proxes 4 tires - 245/45ZR17 for the front and 275/45ZR17s for the back.

And my little boy can't wait to have his Uncle Shawn back home!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:46 PM   #35
Birdman

And also dropped the 5.3L off at HRT Performance today for the rebuild! These guys know their stuff and are good guys to deal with. Helps that Joel is a good friend, but I'd take my work there anyway.

And check out those sexy powdercoated AMC valve covers on the bench. (yes, I do their powdercoating for them )

Old 10-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #36
Birdman

OK, quick update here! I've been busy trying to sell off the extra parts to fund the AirRide setup for the car. AirRide is sponsoring us at a discounted price, so we want to jump all over it. Right now here are some photos of the car in the shop, along with the final rendering from Ben. Note the stripe on the cowl that he came up with and the Wheel Vintiques V40 wheels.

We also received a set of brand new black front and rear seat covers thanks to 78ta.com!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #37
Moby Dick
No car payments....

Moby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this placeMoby Dick is without a doubt too mature for this place
Cool project! Keep us updated.

Maybe we can get a sticky on this.

"Still driving two old LT1 Chevy's"
Moby Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #38
Birdman

Got the front subframe on the AutoTwirler rotisserie tonight. This thing is sweet! I was able to load the subframe and adjust it by myself, I love this tool. :thumbsup:

How many f-bodies can you pot in this picture?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #39
rickyw
Rockwell sucks

rickyw is a good little Junkie
cant wait to see it done
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 PM   #40
Birdman

Did a little work on the taillights tonight. The bezels were in terrible shape and were rusted and pitted. The pictures make it look a lot better than is actually is, but it still came out pretty good. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my powdercoat, so I'm going to block same it to take out some of the small runs and bumps and lay a second coat on it to see if it will fill some of the pits. I'm going to go tomorrow to pick up some stainless hardware for the back of it, too. I changed the lenses from the stockers to a set of LEDs that MuscleRodz hooked me up with.

So it went from this:

To this:

Before and after:
Old 10-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #41
Birdman

We got some work done last night on the car. First is my beautiful wife and her paintjob on the rotisserie!

And then we move on to the car.

We took the rear spolier off and it looks like it was held on by two studs and a ton of silicon. One more thing to fix. The trunk lid looks very savable, though.

Also got the interior most of the way torn down. The wiring is trash and most everything needs to be replaced, but I want to give Shawn a new car, so I would be replacing all of that anyway.

And the rear axle that a friend gave me for the car. It is only a 8.2", but I'll freshen it up and it should do fine. I gotta use what I can if it isn't donated for this build, so 8.2" axle it is.

And then we tore down most of the front sheetmetal and all on the car. Gonna try and finish smoothing the firewall and getting it cleaned up soon.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #42
Birdman

Today I received a carbon fiber header and cowl panel donated by Anvil Auto! These things are friggin sweet and I bet only weigh about a tenth of the weight of the factory ones!

American Auto Wire is also hooking us up with a new interior wiring harness for the car! All I could think about as I sat there holding the remnants of the car's harness in my hands was "I hope AAW is interested in helping out" and sure enough, they came through for us!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #43
Birdman

Got some new parts! A friend of mine gave me an LS1 intake and coolant tubes for the engine. I also got in the Bullitt replica wheels that Custom Wheels Market gave me a discount on.

Haven't done much to the car since I just bought some new tools since I broke a few and some of mine just plain sucked. Gotta have the right tools to build a good car! The aftermarket frame is being lengthened for me by Staples Engineering, so once that is done I'll be able to get the back of the car back together.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #44
Birdman

The guys over at RotorsOnline.com hooked us up with some Axxis brake pads for the LS1 brake conversion! These guys have been a huge part of making the LS1 brake setup come into place.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #45
Birdman

Big day today! Got the tires mounted and mocked up on the car!

We also got a fuel pump in that was donated by Walbro!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #46
Birdman

Well, it's going a little slow right now, but things are going on in the background! No photos worth posting though. The engine is being built, the trans is being rebuilt, and I still haven't gotten the frame back, but should have it back by the weekend.

The spindles are going out this week to be modified to fit the LS1 brake setup, and I have modified the firewall and brackets to fit the LS1 brake booster. Once it is done and cleaned up I will post photos.

So that's where I am at. Prothane just donated a total Motion Control package for the car, so I'll be finishing up the front subframe as soon as the POR-15 that was donated gets here.

So as you see, it is slow now, but will hit me like a sock full of pennies in a week or so!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #47
sharpe
slow

sharpe is without a doubt too mature for this placesharpe is without a doubt too mature for this placesharpe is without a doubt too mature for this placesharpe is without a doubt too mature for this placesharpe is without a doubt too mature for this place
damn man i didnt realize it had even got this far. i didnt really get a chance to talk to you the other night about it at the palladium when you were there. keep up the good work
sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #48
Birdman

Yeah man, it is really coming along nicely!

BTW, what is your SN on TFB? I feel bad, I have no idea who you are.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #49
ncSSu
SuperSlow

ncSSu is a good little Junkie
This is an amazing project! Keep up the good work, your brother should love it.
ncSSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #50
Birdman

Man, we just got a huge hookup from Comp Cams. They donated a Zex nitrous kit and a huge discount on anything else Comp makes. Plus they are going to do a press release on the project and try and get it in some magazines!