HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Off Topic and More > Local Happenings/Regional Forums > Triangle area

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 05-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Rossi

Rossi is a good little Junkie
Cars And Coffee Fuquay Varina

Since all the Cars and Coffee seem to be held in the northern parts of Wake County, we are trying to get one put together on the other side of town. It will be on the first Saturday of every month at the local Ford dealer in town from 9:30 - 11:30. This first one will be June 3rd. Here is a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CarsCoffeFV/

Hopefully we can get a good turn out and keep it going.

Last edited by Rossi; 05-17-2017 at 02:28 PM..
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
theheder

theheder has no rep around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Since all the Cars and Coffee seem to be held in the northern parts of Wake County, we are trying to get one put together on the other side of town. It will be on the first Saturday of every month at the local Ford dealer in town from 9:30 - 11:30. This first one will be June 6th. Here is a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CarsCoffeFV/

Hopefully we can get a good turn out and keep it going.

I would go to this but June 6th is a Tuesday - can't be right?

First Saturday would be June 3rd.

Last edited by theheder; 05-17-2017 at 02:15 PM..
theheder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Rossi

June 3rd. Sorry about that I was looking at the may calendar.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
Ras
Resident Viking

Ras is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this place
Fuquay-Varina is not far from me at all, and I would love to go -- Crossroads Ford FV is about 8 miles from my house -- but the 1st Saturday is C&C by RDU Airport. It's probably the biggest one in the area, so I think I'm going to stick to that one even though it's 10 miles further for me.

1st Saturday: Morrisville (RDU Airport)
2nd Saturday: ...none that I know of
3rd Saturday: Cary, Durham (Road Scholars), and Smithfield
4th Saturday: Wake Forest

Not telling you how to run your event, but you ought to consider moving it to the 2nd Saturday to maximize attendance.

Last edited by Ras; 05-17-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
robertmee

robertmee might have posted something useful at one timerobertmee might have posted something useful at one time
I might be down for the 3rd or the 10th. I'm closer to FQ than the Airport.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
Rossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras View Post
Fuquay-Varina is not far from me at all, and I would love to go -- Crossroads Ford FV is about 8 miles from my house -- but the 1st Saturday is C&C by RDU Airport. It's probably the biggest one in the area, so I think I'm going to stick to that one even though it's 10 miles further for me.

1st Saturday: Morrisville (RDU Airport)
2nd Saturday: ...none that I know of
3rd Saturday: Cary, Durham (Road Scholars), and Smithfield
4th Saturday: Wake Forest

Not telling you how to run your event, but you ought to consider moving it to the 2nd Saturday to maximize attendance.
Leith Porsche hosts one on the second Saturday of the month (not sure how the turn out is there). We will go with the first Saturday for now and see how it goes. We also have to have the dealership on board with which ever Saturday it is.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
Ras
Resident Viking

Ras is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Leith Porsche hosts one on the second Saturday of the month (not sure how the turn out is there). We will go with the first Saturday for now and see how it goes. We also have to have the dealership on board with which ever Saturday it is.
Fair enough, you gotta do what you can, and it's always good to have more than one event.

As for Leith Porsche, I had forgotten about them, but I wouldn't consider it an actual Cars & Coffee event. They're brand exclusive, and specifically don't want anything but Porsches. You're welcome to attend, but you won't be parking with the Porsches.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
Good job trying to start another car related event!
Can never have too many and like you said, not everyone goes or can attend certain ones in other areas.
That is cool that the dealership is on board also! I wish you the best.
It's less than 3 miles from my house, but sadly I work every Saturday and always miss these events!
TTSALEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #9
DSM Turbos
Super Moderator

DSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this placeDSM Turbos is without a doubt too mature for this place
Haven't seen you post here in ages!

It isn't too far from me either (since I am right by Ras). If it picks up i'll ride out there one of the days.
DSM Turbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #10
Rossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM Turbos View Post
Haven't seen you post here in ages!

It isn't too far from me either (since I am right by Ras). If it picks up i'll ride out there one of the days.

I still lurk around from time to time.

The event will still be on the 3rd for June. If all goes well this time and there are no issues, Crossroads Ford is fine with holding it on the second Saturday in July.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #11
forestgreengt

forestgreengt has disabled reputation
Thanks for posting this meet up. I'm not too far will try to make it out.
forestgreengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #12
jcsperson

jcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this place
I need to start hitting some of these. I stopped going because it was the same cars over and over. Now that it's been a few years maybe there's been some turnover.
jcsperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #13
PRIAPISM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

PRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this placePRIAPISM is without a doubt too mature for this place
I'll try to make it out... As long as I'm not too hung over.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSALEEN View Post
Good job trying to start another car related event!
Can never have too many and like you said, not everyone goes or can attend certain ones in other areas.
That is cool that the dealership is on board also! I wish you the best.
It's less than 3 miles from my house, but sadly I work every Saturday and always miss these events!

I work every Saturday as well... it blows that I miss most of these cruise ins and car shows!
My wife makes it out to a bunch of the shows with one of her trucks.
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #15
Rossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIAPISM View Post
I'll try to make it out... As long as I'm not too hung over.
You drink?!?!....No way!

You need to drag yourself out of bed regardless. I'll have coffee and donuts waiting for that hangover of yours.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #16
confused

confused is actually making some sense.confused is actually making some sense.
My saturday to work or I would see if some rust could fall off my car in the parking lot.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #17
Rossi

Next month we are going to hold the event on the 2nd Saturday. Hopefully those who couldn't make it out this time can make it out next time.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #18
cam101

cam101 is actually making some sense.cam101 is actually making some sense.cam101 is actually making some sense.
The cars and coffee in Smithfield is no more. They cited reasons for shutting down was up and down attendance. One month 8 cars next month 115 next month 4.
cam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #19
99SSLS1
kidhaulerstompyurass

99SSLS1 is actually making some sense.99SSLS1 is actually making some sense.
I'm going to drive the hellcat over, needs a shake down anyway.
99SSLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #20
robertmee

robertmee might have posted something useful at one timerobertmee might have posted something useful at one time
I thought a great turnout today for the first time. Crossroads ford did a nice job hosting...free coffee, donuts, gatorade and water. I guestimated at least 80 or more vehicles. Ran out of space towards the end. Will certainty continue to attend. Probably bring the Sy next time.

Last edited by robertmee; 06-04-2017 at 04:55 AM..
Old 06-03-2017, 06:50 PM   #21
theheder

^^^I agree. I'll be back.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:00 AM   #22
robertmee

Hopefully they have it again...postings on facebook shows that some idiots did burnouts and donuts in the dealership parking lot. Just about every Cars and Coffee in the area gets shutdown because of stupidity like this.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:20 AM   #23
theheder

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
Hopefully they have it again...postings on facebook shows that some idiots did burnouts and donuts in the dealership parking lot. Just about every Cars and Coffee in the area gets shutdown because of stupidity like this.
That must have happened after I left. I left about 10:30.

I did a quick straight away way pull out on the far side highway, but nothing in the dealership property.

Last edited by theheder; 06-04-2017 at 01:00 PM..
theheder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #24
theheder

Stopped by on the HD took take a look.

IMHO Probably a deal breaker for them hosting more events.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #25
robertmee

Nice bike...we did the memorial ride down to Rockingham today in honor of ray price 35 years.

Tags
C'mon man