HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > HPJ Platinum Supporters > Fastlane Motorsports

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 02-16-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
Talking Jason Waterstradt's Build Thread - 2001 Turbo Cobra

Jason contacted Fastlane Motorsports to help him build a street monster!

His car is a 2001 Cobra that is getting some nice upgrades.

Here's a brief list -
Boss Modular Block
Oliver billet rods
Diamond pistons
Twin 64mm turbo kit

Stay tuned.

Ryan

TTSALEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
zincsnake
Black-Neck

zincsnake might have posted something useful at one time
Definitely subscribing to this, I regret selling my O1 Cobra everyday!
zincsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #3
88MMRocket

88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place
That should make some stink!
88MMRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Waterstradt

Waterstradt might have posted something useful at one timeWaterstradt might have posted something useful at one time
Thanks for the update, Ryan. I'm looking forward to the next set of pics with some guts in that block!

Last edited by Waterstradt; 02-17-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Waterstradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #5
bvaughan
Barb Wire RS275

bvaughan is actually making some sense.bvaughan is actually making some sense.bvaughan is actually making some sense.
Looks nice. It will be a cool build.
Jim Robinson's Glides
bvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
Crank balancing and polishing.
Had to add extra weight to it!

Old 03-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #7
Waterstradt

Waterstradt might have posted something useful at one timeWaterstradt might have posted something useful at one time
Thanks for the update, Ryan! I figured you guys would have to add some weight with those big heavy pistons!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #8
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Old 04-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #9
Waterstradt

Swung by the shop yesterday to pick up some old parts and check out the new parts.

Up next is porting the heads then long block assembly, turbos should be delivered next week.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #10
Waterstradt

Turbos and blankets showed up today.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #11
Waterstradt

more stuff showed up

Old 05-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #12
Waterstradt

While I'm waiting for Fastlane to finish up my engine I decided to get the twins coated. The turbine side is ceramic coated and the compressor side is powder coated.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:05 AM   #13
jonboy688
parts supplier

jonboy688 is without a doubt too mature for this placejonboy688 is without a doubt too mature for this placejonboy688 is without a doubt too mature for this placejonboy688 is without a doubt too mature for this placejonboy688 is without a doubt too mature for this placejonboy688 is without a doubt too mature for this place
looks killer!
jonboy688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #14
Waterstradt

Last update for about a month. I'm heading to Greece for a few weeks with wifey to celebrate our 5th anniversary.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #15
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Looks fantastic!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:25 AM   #16
Mr. E

Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Looks awesome. Who did you have powdercoat the compressors?
Old 06-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #17
SupplyGuy
HPJ Site Supporter

SupplyGuy might have posted something useful at one timeSupplyGuy might have posted something useful at one time
How does the exhaust route out of the turbos? I'd like to see how the pipes are routed / ran.

Last edited by SupplyGuy; 06-02-2015 at 08:13 AM..
SupplyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #18
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
This looks like it will be a ultra nice car when done!
Heater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #19
Waterstradt

The housings were coated by Top Coat in Raleigh (off of Glenwood by the Angus Barn) they do good work but you need to be VERY specific with what needs to masked so that they don't coat too much. The powder coating is a real bear to remove once it gets somewhere you didn't want it.

I can't show you the routing of the exhaust yet since I am still waiting on the engine to be finished up. Once I have that in and I mount up the rest of the plumbing I'll post up some detailed pics.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #20
Waterstradt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
This looks like it will be a ultra nice car when done!
I sure hope so!
Old 06-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #21
GoldMustangGT

GoldMustangGT is a good little Junkie
Looks great! What front bumper "bar" is that?

2004 Chevy Suburban
2013 TDI VW Jetta

Audi/Vw Tech
GoldMustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #22
Waterstradt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMustangGT View Post
Looks great! What front bumper "bar" is that?
It's a homemade setup, 1.5" chromoly tubing with brackets that bolt to stock locations. Top Coat coated it for me.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:20 AM   #23
Waterstradt

Ryan, Nice meeting you yesterday!

Melvin finished up the port and polish on the heads and loaded them with upgraded springs and retainers yesterday. He said that he is hoping to have the engine complete early this week.

I'll be picking the engine up next weekend and hopefully putting it in soon after. I'm really starting to get excited.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:48 AM   #24
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Those heads look great.
Good to meet you too and hope to see more progress pics once you get the engine back in the car!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #25
Waterstradt

Had a minor setback today with a secondary tensioner. All resolved thanks to Mel! Still shooting to pick the engine up on Friday

Tags
cha bling!