Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 03-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
faSSter

faSSter has disabled reputation
1991 Chevrolet K5 Blazer

Hello junkies,
I am selling my 1991 K5 Blazer. I purchased this around August 2016. At the time I was transitioning out of my prior job and into a temporary role within the same company, losing my company car in the process. I needed something to drive temporarily. I am starting a new job and receiving another company car in a few weeks. The Blazer has been fun and I've enjoyed it, I just don't need it anymore.

Here are all the details I have about it:
-Body is in really good shape. Someone had it repainted a while back. It still looks good from a distance but the clearcoat is peeling on the top of the front fenders, hood, and top. From the pinstripe down, it looks really good. If I were keeping it, I would have it repainted from the pinstripe up and It would look really good
-Power windows, door locks, and rear window
-4 wheel drive works fine
-Has A/C
-Rough Country lift kit, 6" I believe
-BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires. 35"x12.5" on Dick Cepek wheels. The tires look brand new, unsure how many miles are on them
-Automatic trans, works perfect
-New spark plugs, new fuel pump
-Mileage is unknown. The previous owner said the old odometer was not working. He swapped it out with another one from a scrapyard. That one is not working either. So, I have no idea what the mileage is.
-Flowmaster muffler- sounds good!
-New tail light lenses and LED reverse lamps
-Overall the truck is in great shape. Itís not a show truck but it is in really good condition for the money. The previous owner said he had driven it to the beach and the NC mountains on many trips and I wouldnít hesitate to do the same.

Interior:
-Good condition (gray) I don't have photos now but I can post them later
-Kenwood CD player with Rockford Fosgate sub and amp. Sounds really good!
-LED overhead lamps
-Bowtie headliner

What it needs:
-Steering wheel is loose. It is only in the area that tilts and doesnít affect steering or driving. This is a common issue with K and C series trucks of the era. Iím not sure if it can be tightened up or if the whole column needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I found a place where a rebuilt column can be ordered for around $350.
-Possibly as part of the steering column issue, the wiper delay does not work. You can make the wipers work by pressing the windshield washer button. So, itís driveable, but this is a PITA when itís raining.
-It has Kodiak Sidewinder powered steps. The driver's side is not currently working. It was working when I first got the truck. I haven't had time to look into it. Not sure if it can be repaired or needs a new motor (found one for $75 online)

Additional parts included:
-Soft top with frame. Appears it was used once or twice but it is like new. I would love to have had the chance to put it on and take it to the beach.
-Box full of other small random parts: seat belts, door hinges, gauge cluster, etc.

This is a dependable driver that turns a lot of heads. Iím going to miss it but I just donít need it nor do I have driveway or garage space to store it.

Asking $8,500. Needs to go soon. If I donít sell it locally I plan to drive it to Charlotte Auto Fair and Iím sure it will sell there. I currently travel Monday-Thursday for work so if you want to come look at the truck, it will have to be a Friday-Sunday. PM me or call 919339-2418.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1942.jpg (812.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1986.jpg (999.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3061.jpg (922.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3062.jpg (806.9 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3063.jpg (905.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3175.jpg (802.2 KB, 47 views)
faSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
wow love that!
Old 03-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
Sharp Blazer, GLWTS!
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
Lightningquick

Lightningquick has no rep around here.
pm sent,, my soon to be 16yo would love this rig
Lightningquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:47 AM   #5
faSSter

Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
faSSter

craigslist link:
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/6050455078.html
Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
faSSter

I am in the process of removing, sanding, and painting the shocks along with new stickers and boots...Looks good so far. 4 out of 8 completed.

One more minor detail, it has a new K&N air filter installed.

Last edited by faSSter; 03-19-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #8
faSSter

Sold!