HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > King of the Streets Race Series

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #51
dentfix

dentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHUCKZ View Post
Why don't you tell us how much his heads flow now Dent?
Less than 390 like the 255 tea high ports, bet on that. He sent me the link to who ported his heads and they advertised 330-340 for there victor jr program.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #52
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Fox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this place
Lets try to keep this a helpfull and factual discussion aimed at a solution for rs if possible
coming sooner maybe later
Fox Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #53
SCHUCKZ

SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Honestly I think a fair alternative (like that matters) is to get rid of the jet limit and limit the solenoid instead. Get rid of the trashcans and limit them to a single .125 regular solenoid and allow progressives and boost control. It would make tech a breeze. You could just check the solenoids ever so often and seal them.
SCHUCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #54
SCHUCKZ

SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Rodder View Post
Lets try to keep this a helpfull and factual discussion aimed at a solution for rs if possible
word
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #55
72chevy2
Horsepower Consultant

72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Honestly I think a fair alternative (like that matters) is to get rid of the jet limit and limit the solenoid instead. Get rid of the trashcans and limit them to a single .125 regular solenoid and allow progressives and boost control. It would make tech a breeze. You could just check the solenoids ever so often and seal them.
yes.
72chevy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #56
dentfix

dentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
What does that equate to? 150 more hp and a progressive? The boost controller is worth nothing in et.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #57
fastmont410
Queen of "HRE"

fastmont410 is a good little Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentfix View Post
Its legal for the class isnt it? Thats all that matters.
No it's not legal for RS or prolly due to his tire, Ultra either. Think of the electronics on that ride, or Kenwards......electronics galore, but Kenward was on an old Mickey....I'm sure Vinny was not.
Moneypit 4.86/275s
theRedCar 5.04/275s
Bamalam BBFnos 2011 Radial Record 4.68
MacFab Performance Beadlocks
Ultimate Convertor Concepts
fastmont410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #58
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Fox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
What kinda gain would honestly be expected? Also would you be going to limit the plates single spray like was the original intention or keep double spray bar
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #59
dentfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmont410 View Post
No it's not legal for RS or prolly due to his tire, Ultra either. Think of the electronics on that ride, or Kenwards......electronics galore, but Kenward was on an old Mickey....I'm sure Vinny was not.
Im sure he had a progressive but his engine is rs legal. I think kots allows the 7 series boxes already. He wouldnt need a progressive with a 26 jet anyways.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #60
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Where on the racetrack was matt gonna pick up over a tenth? Was he gonna go a 1.10 60'? Are you guys trying to say a nitrous car needs 300hp to pick up from a .36 to a .27? Martin already said they could do it under current rules. I bet the black ghost can as well as darins new motor pete just finished.
Easy now Shannon, I don't want to get dragged into you and Chuck's pissing match lol. We went 5.44@133 with a 1.25 60'(IIRC) and a 3.5x 330'. Our converter is tight as a clam's pussy and the pass the trans ate the input shaft at Civil Wars was a 1.21 60'. If I can ever talk Jonathan out of running those old Comp Engineering 3 ways in the back and QA1's single adjustable shocks up front we just might crack the 1.19 mark. It had a 5.38-5.39 in it at spring Civil Wars it just wasn't in the cards that day. Next year is a whole new ball game though. A lot of guys have really stepped it up yourself included so we really have to work hard. It ain't going to come easy that's for sure.
Quote:
No shocker but I dont agree with that theory.
How about leave the fogger and plate jets the same
n20 3000-3050 dominator
Turbo stay the same
And just for the sake of car count maybe allow proggresive and boost controllers
And 28-10.5 just an idea like the dr race.
Jason I like the idea of the turbo staying the same, but don't like the 28x10.5 tire. You know just as well as I do that you're leaving on everything you got just about and so are the nitrous guys, so either of the controllers aren't going to do any good except at a track like Rockingham Saturday.
Quote:
Amen!
Quote:
More I read this, the more I like it.

6.10@113 1.29 60'/3.90 330' Best MPH:116.50 82N jet
STOCK SHORTBLOCK&HEADS LS1
Tick Performance built Real Street class killa coming soon!
fbodyjunkie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #61
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
I see 10 pages by 9 am in the morning
holcombford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #62
SCHUCKZ

Quote:
What kinda gain would honestly be expected? Also would you be going to limit the plates single spray like was the original intention or keep double spray bar
I'm guessing Kevin was running a trash can on his 20s passes so it might slow him a little. You might would need to limit to a .110 solenoid if the turbo cars don't plan on picking up any but I have a feeling they ain't planning on stopping at 5.27.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #63
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by holcombford View Post
I see 10 pages by 9 am in the morning
We need to give Chuck and Dent more fodder! LOL

6.10@113 1.29 60'/3.90 330' Best MPH:116.50 82N jet
STOCK SHORTBLOCK&HEADS LS1
Tick Performance built Real Street class killa coming soon!
fbodyjunkie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #64
dentfix

Mines all done at a 5.29, I promise
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #65
72chevy2
Horsepower Consultant

72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place72chevy2 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Mines all done at a 5.29, I promise
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #66
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyjunkie06 View Post
Easy now Shannon, I don't want to get dragged into you and Chuck's pissing match lol. We went 5.44@133 with a 1.25 60'(IIRC) and a 3.5x 330'. Our converter is tight as a clam's pussy and the pass the trans ate the input shaft at Civil Wars was a 1.21 60'. If I can ever talk Jonathan out of running those old Comp Engineering 3 ways in the back and QA1's single adjustable shocks up front we just might crack the 1.19 mark. It had a 5.38-5.39 in it at spring Civil Wars it just wasn't in the cards that day. Next year is a whole new ball game though. A lot of guys have really stepped it up yourself included so we really have to work hard. It ain't going to come easy that's for sure.

Jason I like the idea of the turbo staying the same, but don't like the 28x10.5 tire. You know just as well as I do that you're leaving on everything you got just about and so are the nitrous guys, so either of the controllers aren't going to do any good except at a track like Rockingham Saturday.

Amen!

More I read this, the more I like it.
The controllers were only added to make it easier to attract more cars and like stated wont help either side go faster. Same thing with the slicks more cars more options for everyone. The class would get huge!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #67
dentfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevy2 View Post
I was 100lbs light and hurt a gasket to run that. Be lucky to get in the .30's in rs trim.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #68
72chevy2
Horsepower Consultant

Quote:
I was 100lbs light and hurt a gasket to run that. Be lucky to get in the .30's in rs trim.
Data acquisition will be your best friend.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #69
wht01stroke
In the shop

wht01stroke is actually making some sense.wht01stroke is actually making some sense.wht01stroke is actually making some sense.
What do yal consider a max effort turbo combo just curious?
wht01stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #70
72chevy2
Horsepower Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wht01stroke View Post

Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #71
U2SLW5.0

U2SLW5.0 might have posted something useful at one timeU2SLW5.0 might have posted something useful at one time
Quote:

x2 cause you boys aint seen nothing yet!
U2SLW5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #72
wht01stroke
In the shop

wht01stroke is actually making some sense.wht01stroke is actually making some sense.wht01stroke is actually making some sense.
Ive got a 75mm, 76mm and soon a custom 80mm and 88mm turbo so I'll be ready for RS or Ultra either way
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #73
wht01stroke
In the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2SLW5.0 View Post
x2 cause you boys aint seen nothing yet!
Matt quit snooping around my shop!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #74
dentfix

Quote:
That stuff you got. Lets see how much faster it is though.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #75
wht01stroke
In the shop

Quote:
That stuff you got. Lets see how much faster it is though.
What my little street car junk

Tags
110jet 3000lbs, Add 50lbs, dent ain't seen nuffin yet!, Drama Street Class, find out car wasnt all out @ 5.50, HalfAssTurboComboStreet, HEAVY NOS CAR BANNED, holley 650 -100lbs, pimp'in ain't easy!, WHATS FAST...., white01strokeChecks