HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > King of the Streets Race Series

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #26
dentfix

dentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this place
I guess unlimited jet at 2850 it is then
Edit: didn't the guy in the video go 4.86 like that?

Last edited by dentfix; 11-13-2012 at 11:26 AM..
dentfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #27
SCHUCKZ

SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Rodder View Post
Chuck what would it take to make you feel the rules are fair in rs275?
Not that it matters but I would say do away with foggers, take away the jet limit and allow progressives and boost control. The nitrous cars would be running the same rules as Ultra but with 150 extra pounds.
SCHUCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Fox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by holcombford View Post
I am not sure exactly what it would take for a nitrous car to run a mid 20. The only comparison I have is one of my Street Race cars had a high port sbf in it last year and it ran teens and twenties all year long. It was at 2850 with a slick. He told me it either had 44's or 48 jets in it. That was with no progressive.
Wow seems a bit much. I think yall need to look at some different examples.
coming sooner maybe later
Fox Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #29
SCHUCKZ

SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111
The tuner behind that car has broke several world records.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
79pacecarmod
DAMN YANKEES RACING

79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by holcombford View Post
I am not sure exactly what it would take for a nitrous car to run a mid 20. The only comparison I have is one of my Street Race cars had a high port sbf in it last year and it ran teens and twenties all year long. It was at 2850 with a slick. He told me it either had 44's or 48 jets in it. That was with no progressive.

Ill say this it takes me a pair of 83s to go 5.25 at 133 at 3150 with a progressive and a 1.20 60ft.

But i guess i fall in the group of junk thrown together no real thought put into it.
79pacecarmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
It had 42 jets in it. He says it was not split. But anyway that is something for comparison
holcombford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #32
SCHUCKZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentfix View Post
I guess unlimited jet at 2850 it is then
Edit: didn't the guy in the video go 4.86 like that?
I guess you missed the part where Vader went a 76 beside him at only 147mph (with a borrowed untested motor first time out). I would have bet my whole car Matt could have went up there and went low teens just like he sat this summer.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #33
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79pacecarmod View Post
Ill say this it takes me a pair of 83s to go 5.25 at 133 at 3150 with a progressive and a 1.20 60ft.

But i guess i fall in the group of junk thrown together no real thought put into it.
Me and Dale Handy were talking about your car and using your numbers that you ran in sgmp for comparison.
holcombford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #34
SCHUCKZ

Quote:

Now see I told you guys Dent was right. All you need to do is pick up 200-250 hp on motor and you will be up front under R/S rules! What's your problem Kevin?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:

Hey that tune-up looks familiar

6.10@113 1.29 60'/3.90 330' Best MPH:116.50 82N jet
STOCK SHORTBLOCK&HEADS LS1
Tick Performance built Real Street class killa coming soon!
fbodyjunkie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #36
dentfix

dentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHUCKZ View Post
I guess you missed the part where Vader went a 76 beside him at only 147mph (with a borrowed untested motor first time out). I would have bet my whole car Matt could have went up there and went low teens just like he sat this summer.
Where on the racetrack was matt gonna pick up over a tenth? Was he gonna go a 1.10 60'? Are you guys trying to say a nitrous car needs 300hp to pick up from a .36 to a .27? Martin already said they could do it under current rules. I bet the black ghost can as well as darins new motor pete just finished.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #37
dentfix

Quote:

So what your saying is a pair of 83's will go teens if you get after it early even on your motor?
What will haplen with ticks motor with a pair of 110's and a 1.14 60' with a progressive then? Thats what chuck is proposing.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
SCHUCKZ

I said you were right again Dent. You have proved me wrong every time we have ever disagreed. I don't know why I just can't seem to learn to just trust what you say.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #39
SCHUCKZ

Quote:
So what your saying is a pair of 83's will go teens if you get after it early even on your motor?
What will haplen with ticks motor with a pair of 110's and a 1.14 60' with a progressive then? Thats what chuck is proposing.

Well I guess he would just crush the Ultra Street record! Do you have any idea how much nitrous that is to pass through a plate? You realize that a single .082 is what R/S permits now right? A single .082 is 225-250 so you do the math.

Last edited by SCHUCKZ; 11-13-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #40
blackopps

blackopps has no rep around here.
what about a single spray bar and unlimited jet?

no progressive no boost controllers
blackopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #41
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Fox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Not that it matters but I would say do away with foggers, take away the jet limit and allow progressives and boost control. The nitrous cars would be running the same rules as Ultra but with 150 extra pounds.
No shocker but I dont agree with that theory.
How about leave the fogger and plate jets the same
n20 3000-3050 dominator
Turbo stay the same
And just for the sake of car count maybe allow proggresive and boost controllers
And 28-10.5 just an idea like the dr race.
coming sooner maybe later
Fox Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #42
79pacecarmod
DAMN YANKEES RACING

79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
You got me dent I spent 1000 bucks to go to SGMP to lay low to get the rules changed for RS in 2013.

Then to back it up I did the same last weekend at Carolina at 3000 just in case anyone was watching.

Buy wait also went 5.25 at 133 at mooresville on the pros at 3150.

Last edited by 79pacecarmod; 11-13-2012 at 12:39 PM..
79pacecarmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #43
dentfix

Quote:
You got me dent I spent 1000 bucks to go to SGMP to lay low to get the rules changed for RS in 2013.

Then to back it up I did the same last weekend at Carolina at 3000 just in case anyone was watching.

What could you run with 50 more cfm of heads flow? Wouldnt that same 50 cfm allow the motor to ingest more nitrous? How about the heads and the extra nitrous they would allow you to spray? Probably be lucky to run with the rs turbo cars right
Id be willing to say with the same 255 highports vinny has you could go low .20's in rs trim now the way your car works.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #44
dentfix

Quote:
Well I guess he would just crush the Ultra Street record! Do you have any idea how much nitrous that is to pass through a plate? You realize that a single .082 is what R/S permits now right? A single .082 is 225-250 so you do the math.
I hear there are plates out there that will spray 600, aren't you a nitrous guy? You should know these things.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #45
stroked93cobra

stroked93cobra is a good little Junkie
So how much will you pick up, if you switch from the twisted wedge to the 240 high port?

Quote:
What could you run with 50 more cfm of heads flow? Wouldnt that same 50 cfm allow the motor to ingest more nitrous? How about the heads and the extra nitrous they would allow you to spray? Probably be lucky to run with the rs turbo cars right
Id be willing to say with the same 255 highports vinny has you could go low .20's in rs trim now the way your car works.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #46
SCHUCKZ

Quote:
I hear there are plates out there that will spray 600, aren't you a nitrous guy? You should know these things.
Really? Wow I had no idea! Wait a minute, what does that have to do with how much nitrous those jets pass?

PS.
Mine will spray more than 600 if you don't care about distribution at that level.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #47
SCHUCKZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked93cobra View Post
So how much will you pick up, if you switch from the twisted wedge to the 240 high port?
None. All the turbo cars are maxed out.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #48
SCHUCKZ

Quote:
Why don't you tell us how much his heads flow now Dent?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #49
SCHUCKZ

Quote:

We all no you have a ET limiting device on your car. Unhook it and let her eat.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #50
dentfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked93cobra View Post
Itll probably be slower, the twisted wedges are obviously better thats why they carry 50lbs. Right chuck
I doubt it will pick up any but it might hold a gasket better. There are already better heads on other turbo cars and they aint any faster than mine

Tags
110jet 3000lbs, Add 50lbs, dent ain't seen nuffin yet!, Drama Street Class, find out car wasnt all out @ 5.50, HalfAssTurboComboStreet, HEAVY NOS CAR BANNED, holley 650 -100lbs, pimp'in ain't easy!, WHATS FAST...., white01strokeChecks