HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > King of the Streets Race Series

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
dentfix

dentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this place
new 20* sbf nitrous record

Did anybody see the guy at vmp go 4.84@144 with a high port 427 on 1 kit at 2800lbs?

Wonder what he would run at 3050 with 57 jets in a crossbar
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
SCHUCKZ

SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111
That would be 3150 at current R/S rules.
Why don't you tell us what 350lbs and 300-500hp less nitrous should be?
If I told you you would say I'm lying anyway.

Last edited by SCHUCKZ; 11-12-2012 at 08:13 PM..
SCHUCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
dentfix

dentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this placedentfix is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHUCKZ View Post
Why don't you tell us what 300lbs and 300-500hp less nitrous should be?
You think he is actually gaining 5-700 on nitrous? What about the deminished returns you were talking about a few months ago? I would think he could definately get in the .20's
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
SCHUCKZ

SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111SCHUCKZ best poster evAr!!!!!!111
You already know and your mind can't be changed so why ask? I know what the baddest 2 small block canted motors on Earth spray to go that quick and a tenth faster with 1000hp on nuts to start with but I guess that's irrelevant. Diminished returns doesn't mean no gain. It means less percentage of gain the further you go. You will pick up more from the first 100 than from 100 to 200. Then even less gain from 200 to 300 and so on. A car with no nitrous will pick up a bunch from a 50 shot. Barry Mitchell's car wouldn't even notice a 50 shot on top of his tune up.

Last edited by SCHUCKZ; 11-12-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
dentfix

Quote:
You already know and your mind can't be changed so why ask? I know what the baddest 2 small block canted motors on Earth spray to go that quick and a tenth faster with 1000hp on nuts to start with but I guess that's irrelevant.
I dont really know. I dont run nitrous. I do know what the turbo cars are capable of and its nowhere near what you claim. Is his motor comparable to the ones currently running rs? I dont think any of them have heads that big? Maybe they do?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
SCHUCKZ

He has the same heads I do. Vader went 4.76 the same day at only like 147. I wonder what it would run with a 76R? Who gives a rodents anus? Neither car was build for small power adders. I'd bet that car in R/S trim would run about the same as the other nitrous cars in R/S. Don't worry Dent, we plan to keep the nitrous cars handicapped for you.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
dentfix

Quote:
He has the same heads I do. Vader went 4.76 the same day at only like 147. I wonder what it would run with a 76R? Who gives a rodents anus? Neither car was build for small power adders. I'd bet that car in R/S trim would run about the same as the other nitrous cars in R/S. Don't worry Dent, we plan to keep the nitrous cars handicapped for you.
I dont want them handicapped. I honestly dont know what they could need? It seems to me a few of them have the mph to run with us but they dont have the front half numbers we do. The cars that front half good dont have the mph. If jenny's car would go 130-131 out tge back like some of them do we would be in trouble..
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Didn't he wreck in the finals against Hudson?

6.10@113 1.29 60'/3.90 330' Best MPH:116.50 82N jet
STOCK SHORTBLOCK&HEADS LS1
Tick Performance built Real Street class killa coming soon!
fbodyjunkie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
Yes he put it in the wall if I'm not mistaken
holcombford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
dentfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyjunkie06 View Post
Didn't he wreck in the finals against Hudson?
Thats him. Do you think he could run .20's in rs trim? How about jonathans car?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentfix View Post
Thats him. Do you think he could run .20's in rs trim? How about jonathans car?
With the changes we have made so far to the car, I think it has a very good chance to do that. Even with the old set-up it would of gone mid to high .30's and ran with Qball and Jenny.

To run with you, John, Matt, Terry, Brian, Jason etc. though there was no choice, but to get more aggressive with everything.

6.10@113 1.29 60'/3.90 330' Best MPH:116.50 82N jet
STOCK SHORTBLOCK&HEADS LS1
Tick Performance built Real Street class killa coming soon!
fbodyjunkie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
dentfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyjunkie06 View Post
With the changes we have made so far to the car, I think it has a very good chance to do that. Even with the old set-up it would of gone mid to high .30's and ran with Qball and Jenny.

To run with you, John, Matt, Terry, Brian, Jason etc. though there was no choice, but to get more aggressive with everything.
Thats what i figured. I thought it had power to trap 130 before and I'm sure ot has improved since then. I can appreciate the facy that you would tell the facts. For the record I dont think a single turbo car has teapped higher than 132 legitamately. Looking at the splits from almost all of the top turbo cars compared to mine they all trap 130-131. It takes a 1.17-1.19 60' to go in the .20's.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
SCHUCKZ

OK Dent, I admit it. For the first time ever you are right about this.

The turbo cars in this class are top dollar, best of the best, best chassis possible, no stone left unturned, money no object, tested weekly race cars that have maxed out in the best conditions possible and can't go faster than 5.26 and probably won't ever do it again, maybe even had a bird fly across the beams.

The current nitrous cars are cobbled up turds with junk parts, junk heads, junk suspension, Boss Hogg and Saturday Night Special converters, never tested or ran in good conditions and the teams don't have a clue what they are doing. Soon somebody will show up with a 900hp stock valve angle motor that has figured out how to get 400hp worth of nitrous through a 82 jet and will be able to put down about 1150hp to the tire and go teens at 3150 lbs.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
fastmont410
Queen of "HRE"

fastmont410 is a good little Junkie
Quote:
Is his motor comparable to the ones currently running rs?
Vinny? HELL NO! what he has in his motor would buy 3 RS cars. What you guys don't know is some of these NA Ultra motors are 30-40g's just in the motor - & i guarantee you Vinny's heads were 5gs just by themselves. You can't compare that to a RS car that we run around here.
Moneypit 4.86/275s
theRedCar 5.04/275s
Bamalam BBFnos 2011 Radial Record 4.68
MacFab Performance Beadlocks
Ultimate Convertor Concepts
fastmont410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
turbotbirds

turbotbirds might have posted something useful at one time
That's the problem! All cars in our class are top of the line for what we have, IMO! Everyone is tweaking and tuning the combos constantly! I think our class has the fastest ET's in the country for the limited rules we have, nitrous and turbo's!

FEAR THE EAR
turbotbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
dentfix

Quote:
OK Dent, I admit it. For the first time ever you are right about this.

The turbo cars in this class are top dollar, best of the best, best chassis possible, no stone left unturned, money no object, tested weekly race cars that have maxed out in the best conditions possible and can't go faster than 5.26 and probably won't ever do it again, maybe even had a bird fly across the beams.

The current nitrous cars are cobbled up turds with junk parts, junk heads, junk suspension, Boss Hogg and Saturday Night Special converters, never tested or ran in good conditions and the teams don't have a clue what they are doing. Soon somebody will show up with a 900hp stock valve angle motor that has figured out how to get 400hp worth of nitrous through a 82 jet and will be able to put down about 1150hp to the tire and go teens at 3150 lbs.
Dont put words in my mouth. I would never say the nitrous guys in our class dont know what they are doing. I would put brian from fullmoon and kevin robinson up against the best in the game. Are you saying their cars cant be improved on? I bet they are apart right now working towards making more power. I'm not saying the turbo cars a top dollar chassis or anything like that but we make this junk work! 1.17-1.18 60' with no controller is no slouch! If there is a quicker 76mm car at our weights I havent seen it but I'm sure thats just because a "big name" shop hasnt tried. Just us dumb rednecks
Btw there isn't any 1150whp turbo cars either. Mine made 840 and went 5.29@130. If matt made 1100 or whatever he lied about it would trap 135 and run teens easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmont410 View Post
Vinny? HELL NO! what he has in his motor would buy 3 RS cars. What you guys don't know is some of these NA Ultra motors are 30-40g's just in the motor - & i guarantee you Vinny's heads were 5gs just by themselves. You can't compare that to a RS car that we run around here.
Its legal for the class isnt it? Thats all that matters. I would bet his motor could be duplicated for less than $20k. N/a motors always cost a ton to build because of all the r&d involved.

Last edited by dentfix; 11-13-2012 at 10:23 AM..
dentfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
SCHUCKZ

I have $4500 in my 240s with the titanium valves and hand blending for the 2.125" intakes and exhaust port extensions. They are a good 30cfm short of his. I'd sell mine for $3500 never fired. I'd like to get the bigger ones.

Last edited by SCHUCKZ; 11-13-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
dentfix

Quote:
I have $4500 in my 240s with the larger titanium valves and hand blending for the 2.125" intakes and exhaust port extensions. They are a good 30cfm short of his. I'd sell mine for $3500 never fired. I'd like to get the bigger ones.
If the guy interested in my heads comes through I might be interested. Need to talk to some people and see if they think its too much head for my combo.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
SCHUCKZ

You can never have too much head. LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
blackopps

blackopps has no rep around here.
Quote:
Thats what i figured. I thought it had power to trap 130 before and I'm sure ot has improved since then. I can appreciate the facy that you would tell the facts. For the record I dont think a single turbo car has teapped higher than 132 legitamately. Looking at the splits from almost all of the top turbo cars compared to mine they all trap 130-131. It takes a 1.17-1.19 60' to go in the .20's.

i can tell you for sure my car has gone faster then 132 legitamately severl times hell i ran a .27 at piedmont with a 1.24 60ty at 3300
blackopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
SCHUCKZ

Shhhhhhh! Stop that kind of talk.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Fox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this place
Chuck what would it take to make you feel the rules are fair in rs275?
coming sooner maybe later
Fox Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
dentfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackopps View Post
i can tell you for sure my car has gone faster then 132 legitamately severl times hell i ran a .27 at piedmont with a 1.24 60ty at 3300
Post the slip, I wanna see the 60,330 and 660 numbers.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
I am not sure exactly what it would take for a nitrous car to run a mid 20. The only comparison I have is one of my Street Race cars had a high port sbf in it last year and it ran teens and twenties all year long. It was at 2850 with a slick. He told me it either had 44's or 48 jets in it. That was with no progressive.
holcombford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #25
SCHUCKZ

I'm pretty sure he was splitting.

Tags
110jet 3000lbs, Add 50lbs, dent ain't seen nuffin yet!, Drama Street Class, find out car wasnt all out @ 5.50, HalfAssTurboComboStreet, HEAVY NOS CAR BANNED, holley 650 -100lbs, pimp'in ain't easy!, WHATS FAST...., white01strokeChecks