HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > King of the Streets Race Series

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Cox Racing

Cox Racing has no rep around here.
Real street or Ultra?????

I am getting a car ready for next year and are not sure which class. I was planning on real street but all the talk lately about ultra street I am not sure.
I do not want to build a engine and setup for real street and then have to change stuff for ultra. Which class has the most races and is going to last. I would like to know what is in the plans for next year so I can get started. Whats your thoughts.
Cox Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
We are going to run ultra street. Ultra street is a class that is run all over the east coast. Real street is a local class. It depends on which combo you want to go with. If you want to give me a call at the shop maybe I can help you in which direction to go where you can possibly build a competitive combo. 800-475-7223
holcombford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
You can pretty much build the same turbo combo for Real Street as you would Ultra aside from some electronics. With the way guys are moving down the track to the 330' without electronics though, you can really run fast with either.

Now, blower and nitrous motors are a different story though. A motor that's restricted to a D1 blower or a .082 jet is going to be a whole different animal than one built for a F1C or unlimited jet.

6.10@113 1.29 60'/3.90 330' Best MPH:116.50 82N jet
STOCK SHORTBLOCK&HEADS LS1
Tick Performance built Real Street class killa coming soon!
fbodyjunkie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Cox Racing

Where in NC or SC are there going to be ultra races next year? KOTS will run ultra, any more in the area? I know Dunn-Benson ran RS this year and PTRA has a class like RS. If I run RS I think the turbo E85 route is best and if I run ultra I may go nitrous route.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

fbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this placefbodyjunkie06 is without a doubt too mature for this place
The non-intercooled E85 turbo combo is the way to go. One of our technicians is building the same set-up.

I do have a question for guys like Fox Rodder, TurboTbirds, and Dentfix.....do you think there is added benefit from running methanol injection with an E85 combination? Is it worth the weight penalty I guess is what I'm asking...?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
79pacecarmod
DAMN YANKEES RACING

79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodyjunkie06 View Post
Now, blower and nitrous motors are a different story though. A motor that's restricted to a D1 blower or a .082 jet is going to be a whole different animal than one built for a F1C or unlimited jet.

Not sure I agree totaly with that statement as far as n2o is concerned. Just have to have some tuning options built into the combo. I have couple convertors and minor suspension setup changes.

PTRA will be running true street again and will have minor changes as far as i have heard.
79pacecarmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Fox Rodder
built not bought

Fox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this placeFox Rodder is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
The non-intercooled E85 turbo combo is the way to go. One of our technicians is building the same set-up.

I do have a question for guys like Fox Rodder, TurboTbirds, and Dentfix.....do you think there is added benefit from running methanol injection with an E85 combination? Is it worth the weight penalty I guess is what I'm asking...?
Meth injection is not worth doing without the penalty much less with it. Turns out engines don't burn water all that well thats all im saying.
coming sooner maybe later
Fox Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Cox Racing

I am going to start building a turbo engine. It will be the same engine for RS or
ultra anyway. I will lean toward RS right now.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

holcombford is actually making some sense.holcombford is actually making some sense.
It will work with either. If you build a well thought out combo it will probably be competitive in bot
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
fbodyjunkie06
Tick Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79pacecarmod View Post
Not sure I agree totaly with that statement as far as n2o is concerned. Just have to have some tuning options built into the combo. I have couple convertors and minor suspension setup changes.

PTRA will be running true street again and will have minor changes as far as i have heard.
I remember when you told me how I should build my motor compression and quench wise for Real Street, but I would think you'd soften those two up for twice the amount of jet...I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

Jason:

I accidentally mixed too much water one time in my turbo car in my reservoir with my M1 and on the same "on set point" as before it bogged down and fouled all 8 plugs and both O2 sensors in a matter of seconds. I agree! Have you ever had your reservoir tested or had to pour it out?

Last edited by fbodyjunkie06; 11-14-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #11
79pacecarmod
DAMN YANKEES RACING

79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place79pacecarmod is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
I remember when you told me how I should build my motor compression and quench wise for Real Street, but I would think you'd soften those two up for twice the amount of jet...I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

I guess Mr Prock has taught me that you can put alot more into these things if you do it correctly. Never would have even tried to put what I have on this thing with out his info.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
cold85

cold85 might have posted something useful at one time
build for outlaw radial less bitching
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #13
holcombford
HPJ Site Supporter

rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold85 View Post
listen to this guy
Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #14
79pacecarmod
DAMN YANKEES RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold85 View Post
Yup most of my effort will be for out law 275 in 2013. The mustang will run how it is to see were the class goes.