HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 10-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Jordy - Your average 37 Tudor Sedan 4x4 build - Revision II

First a quick recap.
A few months ago I picked up the 37 Sedan body for $100.
Then picked up a 93 V8 4x4 Grand Cherokee for $300.
Combined the 2 on a home made frame, and had it sitting on the ground.

Rather than repost the photos, the original vision was taking place here
http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...d.php?t=149772

Now I figure since it was 4wd (and I just recently traded my Jeep in for a new tow vehicle) that I should go on up with it and make it my new offroad vehicle.

I got the new rear suspension links done and under it today, so I pushed it out of the garage for a second to get a feel for how it will look.

Now I need to get some front wheels, so I can finalize the front frame design and get the front end under it and it will at least be a roller.

I present to you the new vision.

My son approves

Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
fast?yea

fast?yea has no rep around here.
That is very cool! Very different, I like it!
fast?yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
The Flying Clutchman
Serious Poster

The Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this placeThe Flying Clutchman is without a doubt too mature for this place
That's awesome!
1971 Chevelle SS

Quote:
Real men drive terrible cars and we like it
The Flying Clutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:38 AM   #4
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Mad Max would approve! Nice!
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:41 AM   #5
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
definitely different! Looks pretty cool.
At first I was envisioning one of those crappy looking Camaro on a truck frame 4x4's but this has the right proportions to look good.
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #6
jtsmg
My heads is in the clouds

jtsmg has disabled reputation
shiiiiiiiiiit! I like that Beeeeouch!

Ready to race Bitches!

http://www.ultimateconverter.com/
jtsmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #7
RichardCranium
Administraightbanyourass

RichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this place
Nice!
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:07 PM   #8
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
So I was able to get a little work done.

I was able to modify the front of the frame modified, and the front end put in place and mounted. Got the power steering box mounted. The drag link is currently too long, so I need to shorten that, and I am not going to make the panhard mount until I am at full weight.

Mounted my new fuel cap by the side back window, and removed the fuel injection intake and got a nice carbureted intake for the Magnum. (Had a used Edelbrock carb, and air filter on the shelf in the garage, so reused those)

I have a nice RCI fuel cell, and some tail lights coming Monday.

Now onto todays work.. I got some front wheels from my wife for Christmas, got the tires mounted and pushed it out of the garage for a good look.

I have been debating on what to do for the front end..

First I tried the 33 Buick grille..

Looked OK from the front, but looked like crap from any other angle..
I couldn't push it back because of the power steering box, and I didnt want to cut the grill around it..

so I tried out the stock 37 fenders and cut the hell out of them

Old 12-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #9
Bananaman
Slippery little sucker

Bananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this placeBananaman is without a doubt too mature for this place
I like it with the fenders.
Bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #10
fast?yea

I'll second that, fenders look good on it .
Old 12-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #11
Blue70

Thanks guys.

knocked out a quick homemade grille today.
(purposely not perfect)

Old 12-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #12
fast?yea

Very cool. I'm Liking it.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #13
50grityoloswag
Gone to the Sand Jungle

50grityoloswag has no rep around here.
Its a bit rusty ya think..
50grityoloswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #14
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
looks great!
Old 01-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #15
Blue70

Ok, got to play a little bit this weekend.

Let me address the headlight mounting first.. When I was trying on the fenders to see if I liked them, there was already a hole in both fenders.
I hung the headlights from these holes, and it looked half way decent (My plan is to make filler pieces under the headlights to bring them out to the fenders,
and possibly mount the turn signals there.. we shall see..)

For now I was thinking of ways to hide the mounts.. and this is what I came up with... Copper tube to loop it around back into the fender

​​

Then I ripped the fenders back off, and tore the engine down

replaced the head gaskets, water pump, mounted the new carbed intake, carb, new distributor (had to because swapped from EFI to Carb)
power steering hoses, etc..

I also mounted an old Harley key in the dash, and a small overhead console with a push button start, and 2 switches I'll use for the fuel pump and electric fan.
Started figuring out the steering shaft.

Used some motorcycle chain as tank hold downs (need to remove and protect tank with some rubber strips or something.)

Got the battery tray mounted, whipping up some battery cables tomorrow.. (left pass side manifold off until I connect cable to starter)

Then I think I need to run the fuel lines and it should be about ready to fire up.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #16
fast?yea

Very cool, you do great work. I like the rusted, mad max, rat rod thing it's got going.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #17
Blue70

Small update.

This past weekend I was finally able to score a drivers side rear fender and windshield frame for this thing.
I also picked up a radiator and twin electric fans from the good old pick n pull.

Over the last 2 weeks I have just been sneaking out to the garage about an hour a day.

I was able to get the engine buttoned up, put the plug wires on, the manifolds.
Had to drill, tap, and plug the heater port on the water pump.

I did manage to finish the battery cable and start running the fuel lines.

Also finally got the transmission crossmember mounts welded in place.

today I ordered all new door hinges, bear claw latches, etc. Hoping to have working doors soon!!

New rear fender mounted, and the tail lights mounted.

This morning before work I started making some fillers to take up the gap around the headlights

Old 01-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #18
Blue70

Ok, didn't get anything done yesterday since it was so damn cold. But Friday AM before work I started on making my own air cleaner.. Figured I could make something that fit the car a bit better than the chrome one..

Not anywhere near done, but you get the feel for it here

I also got the hole for the rear mounted radiator cut.. the black perforated steel is not cutting it, I need to pick up some rusty expanded steel to put in the hole.

also the best news, I was able to start the car for the first time today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XeW...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #19
Blue70

Lol, Thanks

Over the last week or two, I have just been welding.

I now have a working passenger door, and steering.
I also got a windshield frame, and glass (glass not getting installed until last)

By this weekend all my wiring should be here, so should have working lights soon.

I also ordered a brake booster, master cylinder, brake pedal combo, and a throttle cable...

Still to do... Mount the new parts when they arrive, put hinges and latches on drivers door, mount radiator and fans...

Brake lines... then I think it's onto floors!

Old 02-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #20
Blue70

This weekend I got the brake booster/master cylinder, brake pedal, etc all hung, and ordered some lines, proportioning valve, residual pressure valve, etc.

Decided it needed some running boards, so I whipped some up with some 2" tube, some sheet metal, and expanded metal.

I also started tacking in the floors. got almost the whole rear done, and the passenger floor..

Old 04-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #21
Blue70

So, I got a little sidetracked with some work on the 1930, and
knocking out a quick motorcycle build.
BUT, now that those are done, I am back on this car.

This weekend I knocked out the brake lines, and now have brakes.
Got the E-Brake cables, and handle done. Got a license plate light done
(so all the lights/turn signals/etc are working) and some more welding.

I was ready to do mount the radiator, but found a crack in one of the tanks
(Plastic stock Jeep) so now I need to come up with the spare change to order a new one.

Once I manage to get a new radiator in and mounted, I think the last thing is exhaust.
Then finish out the floors and throw in some seats.. The end is getting near!
Old 05-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #22
Blue70

So Last week I was able to get a new radiator. Spent a little more, but got one that fit in front so that I don't have to run the hoses to the rear
got the hoses on, transmission lines, fans, etc..

I was able to mount both front seats, get the E brake handle mounted and working, and install the windshield along with one wiper.

Today (for you offroad guys) I was able to get rid of the crappy 249 Transfer case. Did a input shaft swap and mounted up a 231.
Now I have the option for 2wd, and got rid of that viscus coupling in the 249, so I have a true 50/50 lock in 4wd.. Much better
Old 05-30-2016, 06:37 PM   #23
Blue70

First time it has has moved under it's own power.. Long way to go, but big milestone
(This after starting it Friday, thought had bad head gasket, removed, replaced, still had a problem.
Turns out it was a cracked head, replaced head today, and all better!)

Video Here

Last edited by Blue70; 05-30-2016 at 06:39 PM..
Old 05-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #24
Ras
Resident Viking

Ras is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this place
Now I just feel like watching the new Mad Max movie again
Old 05-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #25
rcktpwrd

sounds good. I bet if felt great to drive it even if it was just out of the garage!