HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Redline165
Crash

Redline165 has disabled reputation
97 Eclipse GSX

Well, i got the urge to start tinkering with the car and i was hoping it would pass, and well... The urge didn't go away, so 2 weeks ago i moved the Eclipse to the garage to start the long and painful process of making her breath again. Plans aren't completely decided but its going to be gone through bumper to bumper. all i can say is it will still be a 5 speed, it will be pretty, and it will be fast.

For those that dont know, a fucktard tried to paint my car a while back and yea... that didnt work worth a shit. from talking to people the best guess is that aside from the fact that he cant paint to save his life, he got some contaminate in his air supply or paint or both that ruined not only his paint, but ate and pitted the factory paint as well. so, the only solution is to remove ALL of the paint he sprayed and all of the factory paint underneath it as well down to bare metal. this is the engine bay, exterior and the hatch area.

Heres what started it all...

And then the start of the paint pain in the ass

The "attempt" at paint. looks okay from a distance, but upclose its sandpaper and flaked all to hell