HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Off Topic and More > Multimedia > Photography

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
mustangdaren
ID NUKE U

mustangdaren has disabled reputation
Photography question for Cherry Point air show

It has been a while since I have posted on here and knew a few of you would attend the Cherry Point air show. I am going this year and was wondering what the best seating was? I did not know whether to shell out the big bucks for premium chalet seating, bleachers or just bring my chair like I usually do at other shows. I am trying out a 150-600mm for this show and looking forward to it with the Raptor and the F-35 both there.

www.DarenPrice.com
mustangdaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
seawolf06

seawolf06 might have posted something useful at one timeseawolf06 might have posted something useful at one time
Did you make sure that they were both flying? They were at the WOW show last year, but just sat on the tarmac.
2004 GTO 6.2 TT
seawolf06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
mustangdaren
ID NUKE U

mustangdaren has disabled reputation
Both are scheduled to fly. It is going to be one of the best line ups they have had in a while. Canadian F-18 demo, US F-18 demo, Harrier demo, F-35 demo, F-22 demo, B-2 flyby, Osprey, combined arms demo and more.

www.DarenPrice.com
mustangdaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
seawolf06

seawolf06 might have posted something useful at one timeseawolf06 might have posted something useful at one time
Damn, that's a great lineup.
2004 GTO 6.2 TT
Old 04-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #5
Buford T
FUCKER GOT BOOTED

Buford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this placeBuford T is without a doubt too mature for this place
When darren gets back he may have some input on this. We usually just go and stand and he gets some decent shots i think. What day is the B-2 suppose to flyover sat or sun? I think we're going Sun and doin the VA half mile on sat
Old 04-24-2016, 02:50 AM   #6
RichardCranium
Administraightbanyourass

RichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this place
The only base I've encountered that it seems mandatory to get primo seating was SJAFB. Every year at Cherry Point I've managed good shots from about anywhere. If you want to make sure you get a really good view, get a bleacher seat....and get there early to claim a spot on the high row.

Can't wait....and we're heading to Langley today for the show as well. To top that off, I went to Vegas last week and snuck up to Nellis to take pics of jets leaving/coming back from Green Flag.....I was a good ways away, but got some cool shots still. Attached a F16 leaving on the burner....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BI4G4735.jpg (191.9 KB, 14 views)
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #7
seawolf06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
The only base I've encountered that it seems mandatory to get primo seating was SJAFB. Every year at Cherry Point I've managed good shots from about anywhere. If you want to make sure you get a really good view, get a bleacher seat....and get there early to claim a spot on the high row.

Can't wait....and we're heading to Langley today for the show as well. To top that off, I went to Vegas last week and snuck up to Nellis to take pics of jets leaving/coming back from Green Flag.....I was a good ways away, but got some cool shots still. Attached a F16 leaving on the burner....
Do you have an album online for us to browse? You get some great shots.
2004 GTO 6.2 TT
Old 05-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #8
NCHorseplay
Horseplay Motorsports

NCHorseplay is a good little Junkie
I didn't get to go but from what some of my friends said most of his shots were probably of him sitting in hours of traffic. Lots of folks were very impressed with the crowd and the show but traffic was a nightmare.
NCHorseplay is offline   Reply With Quote