Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > Car Talk

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 10-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #151
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Changed out the booster, and swapped the brake lines on the master cylinder, and we now have brakes!!
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #152
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
My wife and I installed the headliner yesterday. I ordered some sanding blocks, and going to order a caster/camber gauge today so I can get this front end aligned.

I couldn't put the original sun visors back in after installing this, they looked like crap compared to this, lol

Old 02-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #153
Blue70

Well now this isn't supposed to happen.. Took the car out for it's maiden voyage. First time on public roads in 25 years. Went 2 streets down, came back. Went to leave again, got on it a bit, back end slid out to the side a bit, then bang, pop pop pop pop pop... Knew I lost a plug, was thinking, did not tighten one, did I just rip the threads out of the head. Got it back in the garage, and blew the center right out of the brand new plug. lol..

Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 PM   #154
robertmee

robertmee is actually making some sense.robertmee is actually making some sense.
Chinese crap...don't make them like they used to
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #155
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
WOW! don't think I've seen that before!
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #156
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
wow
Old 02-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #157
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
my neighbor has one for sale all original runs & drives 6cyl manual tranny car
Old 04-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #158
Blue70

So this weekend I tried wrapping up the wiring. Last thing left was the blower motor for the heater. Found out I had a bad switch. I got it to finally work, but only on 1 speed, so ordered a new switch.

I also wrapped up a bunch of other small things, took it for a spin around the block a few times. It didn't launch any spark plugs this time, so that was good.

I also made it one color so that I could take it out and not worry about all the bare metal flash rusting on me when I did. Paint came out like crap.. had a few lights in the garage die, so it was dark and cramped.. Caused a few runs and streaking. Nothing more sanding and another coat or two won't fix.

I put on the new outer door handles and I swear if I ever have to do that again, I am welding the doors shut and climbing in the window like Bo Duke. That sucked!! I also was excited to put on the door panels finally, but quickly realized I didn't order new door lock cylinders... fail...

So, body work not done, crap paint, but closer, and it does look better one color, lol..

Old 04-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #159
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
looks really good!
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:26 AM   #160
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Another bad ass creation born, you have a gift man.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:18 AM   #161
Mwilson

looks badass!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:40 AM   #162
Blue70

Got the wiring and interior wrapped up, door panels on, etc..

Old 04-09-2018, 06:06 AM   #163
Mr. E

Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Man that looks clean! I'd prefer something more vintage for the pedals, steering wheel and shifter but we can discuss that closer to when your ready to sell...
Old 04-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #164
Quick69
HPJ's official car whore

Quick69 might have posted something useful at one timeQuick69 might have posted something useful at one time
holy cow that thing is slick, love the whole look

haulin with the A/C on
Quick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #165
Mwilson

yes looks very clean