Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 02-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #1
robertmee

robertmee might have posted something useful at one timerobertmee might have posted something useful at one time
Fuel regulator location

On my 3.9L to 360 magnum swap I'm reusing the existing electric fuel pump in the tank...it's a return style so I installed new 3/8 hard tubing for supply and return in the same location as before...along the drivers side frame. I stubbed both hard lines near the driver fender same as before. With the TBI throttle setup on the old 3.9 it then went braided line across the engine support and up between the water pump and alternator on thr pasender side. The 360 has a single port edelbrock carb and I have the three way holley regulator with return. The question is can I install the regulator on the driver fender where the two hard lines are and run a single braided line across and up to the carb following the old braided lines or is that too far...would it be better to run two braided lines and somehow mount the regulator to the intake near the carb? I figure pressure is pressure and it shouldn't matter but first time I've used an electric pump setup on a carb. In the end the distance would be about twice were it just the mechanical fuel pump.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #2
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
In the LS swap world people are using corvette fuel filters w/ built in regulators. They're mounting the filters back by the fuel tank so they're dealing with FEET of no return, pressurized fuel line. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Good luck and start posting some pics!
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
robertmee

robertmee might have posted something useful at one timerobertmee might have posted something useful at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
In the LS swap world people are using corvette fuel filters w/ built in regulators. They're mounting the filters back by the fuel tank so they're dealing with FEET of no return, pressurized fuel line. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Good luck and start posting some pics!
Thanks! My only thought was that those guys are running EFI at 40psi....From the regulator, I'll be running 7 to 9psi to the carb.

Some pictures posted here: http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...d.php?t=151235
Old 02-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
I think you'll be fine with the way you are planning on running the lines, especially because you are running a return line. This will keep the fuel flowing and relatively cool.
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
robertmee

Thanks!