HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-29-2016, 09:23 PM   #1
Mr.bean

Mr.bean has no rep around here.
The-greenbean quest for 5s

Whats up. Its been a while since i have posted any update. Figured with all the winter mods i have planned i would start a new thread.

Here is a link to the old one for those who would like to know the start of the car.
http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...d.php?t=146106

Finished this year with a new PB of 6.48 @103mph. Car did better then anyone espected and every pass was as smooth and straight as could be.

2017 plans...... TURBO!!!

Motor: keeping it the same. Stock block scat 331 kit with trick flow heads and cam.

Trans: keeping the aod planning on sending my valve body back and get my guy to put a TB on it. Send the converter back to Lenny at UCC to restall for turbo.

Rear end: change from 4.10 gear to 3.55. Brakes are a maybe.

Suspension: get rid of my non adjustable uppers and lowers and put my double adjustable uppers and lowers on that have been on the shelf for 1/2 year. Add limiters to the front to help tie it down.

Saftey: get rid of the bolt in 4 point and install a 10 point. Fire extinguisher and 5 point harness to go along with the kirkey seats.

Turbo kit: all custom design by me and built by my budy that is also doing my cage. Turbo is a turbonetics 76mm .96 ar. Waste gate and BOV are off amazon for $179. No intercooler plan to spray straight methanol.

Ecu: megasquirt pnp with stock harness.

Few pics of what parts i have gathered up....

Some of the fab work got started over the weekend....

Mr.bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:32 AM   #2
FUKAZ28

FUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Awesome, cant wait to see how it turns out.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
BigDaddyDupree

BigDaddyDupree has no rep around here.
Are you going to run pump gas or e85? Why non intercooled? jw as I know you will be driving it alot. Car is badass.

Tyler
1996 s10- 4 cylinder- brawler
BigDaddyDupree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
Mr.bean

Mr.bean has no rep around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyDupree View Post
Are you going to run pump gas or e85? Why non intercooled? jw as I know you will be driving it alot. Car is badass.

Tyler
Weight, and a a/a intercooler just dnt get enough air flow to it behind a stock lx bumper. Im not cutting my bumper up either.

E85 is questionable right now.

Kit will be a big dual nozzle kit spraying straight M1 from my research it should be fine. Plan to start spraying at 2lbs.
Mr.bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #5
ls13ater

ls13ater might have posted something useful at one timels13ater might have posted something useful at one time
My car with a Mach1 spoler does pretty good at keeping thing cool with a cheap a2a, but I did trim my bumper mostly in places you can't see
Old 12-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #6
Filapoosis
4 Door race car

Filapoosis has disabled reputation
I would recommend saving yourself a lot of headache and get a nicer/different flex coupler for your hot side. Those style have issues coming apart on a turbo car.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #7
T6Rocket
Boost Junkie

T6Rocket is without a doubt too mature for this placeT6Rocket is without a doubt too mature for this placeT6Rocket is without a doubt too mature for this placeT6Rocket is without a doubt too mature for this placeT6Rocket is without a doubt too mature for this placeT6Rocket is without a doubt too mature for this place
I would not be so quick to take all the gear out of it just cause it's a turbo car. You still want to be at peak RPM crossing the finish line.

I understand taking some gear out of a 1500+ HP turbo car to aid traction, but I think that thought process gets thrown around way too much, via the internet (like always). True, you can build boost faster in 3rd VS 2nd gear for example, but my car pulls way harder in 2nd VS 3rd.

You have the option to try it first with the 4.10's, then maybe change it later if traction is an issue.

Al