HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 04-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #276
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
You can't win with this blazer... But if you part it out I would be interested in the rear end and maybe some other suspension stuff.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:46 AM   #277
63Falcon
It's not ugly, just old.

63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place
Hate to see this. You put so much work into both if these.
63Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #278
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Preciate it guys, I'll update when things progress, currently waiting on his insurance to call.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:08 AM   #279
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Have talked extensively with adjuster. Right now blazer damage is at 84% of their book value. Anything over 75% is totaled. I've had to organize all my receipts, detail work done, and give dates of modifications in order to bump the value up so that it will be repaired with a clean title. Couple hours worth of documentation I can use in the future will go a long way vs trying to get my money back out of it other ways. Sent a spreadsheet to them last night, waiting to hear back.

At this point I'm contemplating selling the blazer after it's repaired, wife is pushing HARD for this to happen, sending craigslist ads of silverados..

Folder full of bad decisions

Old 04-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #280
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Figured I'd get a picture of the blazer warming up this morning..

Old 04-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #281
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

And the fun starts. They've got to get it on the rack to make sure it's repairable before they order parts they can't return. If it isn't repairable who the hell knows what direction I'm going.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #282
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Got to swing by the shop at lunch.

They had it mounted up to the frame jig, was pretty cool seeing it in progress. It latches on to the front bolts for the rear leafs and to the frame near the front cab body mounts. I did not get to see the process for straightening the frame but he said they nailed it without using any heat which is a plus. He opened and closed the driver's rear door w/ one finger. That's how it was pre-accident.

You can see right behind the rear tire where they knocked the paint off repairing the bend.

He was laughing at my bandaids, I told him I had to do something..

Old 05-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #283
Blk Death
Speed of dumb

Blk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this place
Good to see it back on the mend!

General James Mattis
Blk Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #284
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Thanks man, was hoping to get it back today but it's looking more like late next week. I'm letting him do his thing, got plenty of stuff to keep me busy.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #285
Blk Death
Speed of dumb

Blk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this placeBlk Death is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Thanks man, was hoping to get it back today but it's looking more like late next week. I'm letting him do his thing, got plenty of stuff to keep me busy.
I hear you, don't get me wrong I would've loved to have that driveline to throw in my 72 Camaro but Im glad you didn't have to scrap it.

General James Mattis
Old 05-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #286
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Blazer wasn't finished on time, had surgery, came home, this happened today.

Picked up for sale signs on the way home, anyone interested shoot me a pm.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #287
Blk Death
Speed of dumb

Quote:
Blazer wasn't finished on time, had surgery, came home, this happened today.

Picked up for sale signs on the way home, anyone interested shoot me a pm.
What happened?

General James Mattis
Old 05-17-2016, 02:23 AM   #288
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Had a baseball sized tumor removed from my left lung.

Blazer is on Craigslist, cash talks.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #289
Blk Death
Speed of dumb

Quote:
Had a baseball sized tumor removed from my left lung.

Blazer is on Craigslist, cash talks.
When it rains, it pours. Holla if you need anything, Im local to you.

General James Mattis
Old 05-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #290
63Falcon
It's not ugly, just old.

63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place63Falcon is without a doubt too mature for this place
Dang man. Hope you have a quick and full recovery.
63Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #291
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Preciate it guys, just hurting like a mofo and trying to keep myself reigned in. Can't lift anything over 10 lbs and that's just not how I roll..
Old 06-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #292
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Guy from Texas is on his way to purchase the blazer and drive it home. Put what extras I had in the blazer last night, washed it (not recommended after this type of surgery), took it out today to make sure it was solid, topped off all fluids and it's ready to go. While I was out I stopped and got some last ride pics. Damn thing cleans up decent for me never getting around to putting a buffer on it.

Country living does has it's positives, besides getting all kinds of gnats all over me trying to watch for snakes.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #293
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Crazy new owner ran it at the Texas Mile.

Notice his #

Old 03-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #294
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Last one, he sent me a link to one of the slower runs. I went 125 one time, knew it had more, and was fine with that. I can still feel my clothes vibrating and all the little shimmies this thing had watching this vid. Poly everything, body, eng, suspension, etc. You felt everything.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #295
fast?yea

fast?yea has no rep around here.
Good to see he's having fun with it.
fast?yea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #296
Russell

Russell has no rep around here.
Glad to see it is getting run! The mile is a blast! I recommend it to anyone who likes to go fast. Do you know what the numbers on the slip mean? I would guess Quarter, Half, and Mile?

Last edited by Russell; 04-04-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.3, blazer, L33, LS6