HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > Other Car Events

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 05-27-2018, 06:30 AM   #1
robertmee

robertmee is actually making some sense.robertmee is actually making some sense.
Cars and Coffee - when will the idiots learn

Welp, another Cars and Coffee bites the dust. Morrisville C&C shutdown because of burnouts at the last event. Seems an employee of RPM decided to advertise their modified car, and as a result, Cars and Coffee has been asked not to return. That makes 5 venues in 6 years (Brier Creek, Waverly, Raleigh Grand, Morrisville Outlet, Fuquay Ford), all because some jerks have to compensate their ego's with meaningless burnouts. We can all do burnouts. My 1990 festiva could burn the tires. Keep it in your pants or stay away.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
RichardCranium
Administraightbanyourass

RichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this place
While I strongly agree it isn't necessary to show your ass at a cruise-in like this, and I am also fully aware of what happened at the last CnC at Morrisville.......the event didn't get canceled because of what happened at the last event. It certainly didn't help, but the burnouts, revving, and douchebaggery has been going on since day one. The owners of the property have been unhappy with the behavior in the parking lot during these events for a while now.
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
robertmee

robertmee is actually making some sense.robertmee is actually making some sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
While I strongly agree it isn't necessary to show your ass at a cruise-in like this, and I am also fully aware of what happened at the last CnC at Morrisville.......the event didn't get canceled because of what happened at the last event. It certainly didn't help, but the burnouts, revving, and douchebaggery has been going on since day one. The owners of the property have been unhappy with the behavior in the parking lot during these events for a while now.
Thanks for the additional information. I'm only relaying what's been posted on the C&C facebook page. I don't facebook, so I only see the public posts. I do think that maybe some are carrying it a bit far, giving RPM negative reviews for the actions of one of their employees who was off the clock. But at the same time, the reality in this day and age, is that you are always a representative of your employer due to social media.

I'm hoping C&C is resurrected. Cary Town Center or the abandoned K-mart in Garner seem like two good candidates. CTC already hosts autocross events so maybe they are more open.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
theheder

theheder has no rep around here.
Not on Facebook either, but curious if it was a white "Cowmaro" that did the burnout.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
robertmee

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheder View Post
Not on Facebook either, but curious if it was a white "Cowmaro" that did the burnout.
It was a Camero, owned by John Dougherty.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #6
RichardCranium
Administraightbanyourass

RichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this placeRichardCranium is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
I do think that maybe some are carrying it a bit far, giving RPM negative reviews....
That is a bit too far IMO also, actually its just as stupid as the burnouts in the first place. I haven't read any of the FB stuff other than the post on the Morrisville CnC page, don't care to get into the bickering any more (like I used to thrive on ).
RichardCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #7
LaidBack01

LaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this placeLaidBack01 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
That is a bit too far IMO also, actually its just as stupid as the burnouts in the first place. I haven't read any of the FB stuff other than the post on the Morrisville CnC page, don't care to get into the bickering any more (like I used to thrive on ).
you're old.
LaidBack01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #8
theheder

Old 10-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #9
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
This just happened in Knightdale about a week ago.
#winning

Go to 26 minutes to see it in action!

TTSALEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #10
confused
Fuquay Vagina

confused is actually making some sense.confused is actually making some sense.
Being immortalized on youtube.....priceless!
Old 10-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #11
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
damn
Old 10-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #12
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
here is just the clip of the Mustang

https://youtu.be/9PnZ0L73F7E
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #13
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Just saw a video of a Ford Lightning flipping doing the same thing.

I swear every time I click on something on this site it tries to open up google.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #14
theheder

Could not even make it to the dealership and already wrecked.....
Old 12-28-2019, 01:46 PM   #15
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Does Ford typically haul mustangs like this with a dually? I would guess they were being DX'd to a different dealership.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #16
theheder

Hold my beer, I'll be right back