Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 02-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
Cominus

Cominus has no rep around here.
Cross Roads

Anybody have a project they started on and more or less completed but wasn't sure to keep going or start all over again with something new? Basically that's where I'm at.

I got an 02 gt with just about all the bolt ons worth having and I'm not sure what to do, because it's like...I like the car, but I don't love the car. I've been working on it for about 3 years and managed to keep the miles low but now I'm wondering, is it even worth keeping? It's not fast enough to beat anything out there (looks better though ). If i try selling it chances are I'll never get anywhere near what I've put into it but I knew that coming in so its my fault i suppose.

Realistically I want a muscle truck and then probably buy a little beater just to save gas and keep the miles off the truck but what do I do with this car? I mean people don't buy mustangs anymore unless it's an old push rod (cheap parts) or a new five.oh (hella pricey).

What do you guys suggest, or what have any of y'all done in this scenario?

Cominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
HotSoup

HotSoup has disabled reputation
At the end of the day its just a gt...so not worth putting a ton of money in. Its nice enough someone will buy it.
HotSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
Mr. E

Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111Mr. E best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Keep the gt and drive the hell out of it while keeping your eyes open for a decent deal on a rod.

Like you said, people don't pay much for 2v stangs so there really is little point to selling it.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
Cominus

Cominus has no rep around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
Keep the gt and drive the hell out of it while keeping your eyes open for a decent deal on a rod.

Like you said, people don't pay much for 2v stangs so there really is little point to selling it.
They really don't, but people seem to put really high price tags on CL anyways, there's some hope for me.
Cominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #5
theheder

theheder has no rep around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cominus View Post
Anybody have a project they started on and more or less completed but wasn't sure to keep going or start all over again with something new? Basically that's where I'm at.

I got an 02 gt with just about all the bolt ons worth having and I'm not sure what to do, because it's like...I like the car, but I don't love the car. I've been working on it for about 3 years and managed to keep the miles low but now I'm wondering, is it even worth keeping? It's not fast enough to beat anything out there (looks better though ). If i try selling it chances are I'll never get anywhere near what I've put into it but I knew that coming in so its my fault i suppose.

Realistically I want a muscle truck and then probably buy a little beater just to save gas and keep the miles off the truck but what do I do with this car? I mean people don't buy mustangs anymore unless it's an old push rod (cheap parts) or a new five.oh (hella pricey).

What do you guys suggest, or what have any of y'all done in this scenario?

Great looking Mustang, I would keep it. Means more to you than anyone will pay for it.

BTW - I dig the reuse of what I think is a over the door shoe holder for your paint / spray cans. I am going to steal that idea with the one that an Ex left at my place

Old 02-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #6
confused
Fuquay Vagina

confused is actually making some sense.confused is actually making some sense.
Nice looking stang.Love the wheels (hint hint).
I am in the same boat with my 01 vert.I did by it cheap and have done most of the bolt on route.I could probably sell it and break even or close.Still enjoying it and the wife and kids like the top down.
Keep it unless you are just tired of it.Through a sc or turbo kit on it for fun.Or list it and don't take less than what you want since you don't have to sell it.
I would imagine these are the next mustangs to creep up in value for a nice example.