Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > Car Talk

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 03-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #76
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Looking good man, keep at it. It'll be done before you know it, unless you decide to change the build up halfway through!

http://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #77
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Here you go Heater.. some more rust removal..

already cut corners out of the strip that runs all the way across the rear to get better access for the frame rails. It was pretty much rusted out where it met up with the trunk extensions.

Cut it all out

and cut a new piece to replace.. I will wait to install though until I get the new trunk extensions and have some clean metal to weld to on the sides. Top is clean steel, and bottom is new as well

Trunk rough cut back to clean steel.
Now I need to build a cradle for a fuel cell, weld that in place, then I can clean cut the edges and drop a new floor in.. Then it's onto replacing the trunk extensions once I have the new floor to weld to.

on a side note, to save some money and so that I can steer the car when I push it around, I cleaned up an old Grant steering wheel. I am going to grab some stainless steel allen head bolts for the holes. It will do for now

I also got a new steering column.

Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #78
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
Damn that thing was ate up with rust!

Been definitely watching this build.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #79
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Not much progress the last few weeks.. Been traveling a lot for work, and have been sick for 2 weeks now, but did get out and mount the fuel cell..

Made a cradle

test fit

and view from rear

Old 04-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #80
FUKAZ28

FUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Looks good. How many gallons is that? Looks big.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:12 AM   #81
Blue70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUKAZ28 View Post
Looks good. How many gallons is that? Looks big.
15 Gal
Old 04-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #82
Blue70

Got some new parts sitting in my office here at work

a pair of quarters, pair of trunk extensions, a front valance, and a rear valance..

Old 04-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #83
dcs1991
They see me trollin'

dcs1991 might have posted something useful at one time
Haven't been on the junk in a long while, this build was definitely enough to get me back on here. Keep the pics coming man, it goes without saying that you could do this stuff for a living.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #84
8UANEW1
I'm Rick James..... BITCH

8UANEW1 is a good little Junkie
love the 1st gen stangs. I have had several myself over the years and this post is making me want another one. Great job !!!
8UANEW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #85
Blue70

Thanks guys,
It means a lot!

The guys I work with don't appreciate the work that is going into this car, lol..

As far as progress, I got to work for almost 2 hours today..

I was able to tack down the center of the trunk floor, an fit and tack one trunk extension..

There was multiple layers of metal riveted over rotted metal, screen in other spots, all then smoothed over with bondo..
All getting cut away..

Still have to tack the trim panel on the rear, and make a small patch where I cut the floor a bit longer than the patch panel
(should have waited for it to get here before cutting, lol) but it's progress..

I will probably do a roll on bedliner coating on the floor like I did in my Roadrunner.

Next up, right side trunk extension, rear trim, then cut off the quarters!
Old 04-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #86
Blue70

Got to work a bit again today..
Got a quarter cut off, and the new one fit.
I need to order some outer wheelhouses, wire brush the surface rust behind the quarter, and get some POR to paint it with.

But I did test fit the quarter... going to be MUCH better

Old 04-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #87
1slow5o

1slow5o has no rep around here.
Looking good
1slow5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:24 AM   #88
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
Looking good Andy!
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:48 AM   #89
Blue70

Thanks guys..

Every time I take another load of metal/rust that I have cut out to the dumpster I have to laugh to myself.

I received a few more parts this week.

Got some new tail lights (lenses, buckets, bezel, all the screws, etc) new fuel filler (with gasket and screws) new gas cap, and not shown, but got new reverse lights (bezel, gasket, lens, etc) that will go into the new rear valance. I also got the new outer wheelhouses yesterday.

Later I am going to see if I can make a new top for the fuel cell so I can attach it to the stock fuel filler..

I think once I get a trunk lid, and rear bumper, everything behind the doors will be rust free..
Then I have hours of welding to fully weld everything out.

Still have to do cowl and floors before I can say I am done with rust.... I can't wait!!

Anyway, couldn't resist a little test fit of lights, and fuel filler/cap

Decided last night to get a jump on the weekend and starting to fit the wheel house.
Lower part of trunk extension needs to be trimmed once quarter is fit,
you can see white line in lower left corner of picture where I started to mark it.
At least they mentioned that trimming is required in the part description.
(it is listed for a 1965-1970 Mustang, and we all know the body style changed in 67)

Last edited by Blue70; 09-15-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Old 05-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #90
Rockafella
Super Moderator

Rockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this place
Man you do awesome work! Keep the pics coming man. Looking Good!

I may seek your assistance in the near future.

Some silly light work compared to what you've been doing here, how much would you charge a fellow junkie for what should be a couple of hours of work? PM me if you like - I can send over details of the job and bring everything to you!
Old 05-05-2015, 04:52 PM   #91
Blue70

Ok.. remember the Blah?

New wheel house, lots of welding, wire brushing, grinding, some POR, and Tada!

Now it's on to the other side... Ugh

Last edited by Blue70; 09-15-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Old 05-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #92
jcsperson

jcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this placejcsperson is without a doubt too mature for this place
jcsperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #93
1slow5o

1slow5o has no rep around here.
Looking good
1slow5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #94
Blue70

Ok, been doing a TON of welding in the trunk, wheel wells, got both quarters tacked on,
rear end finally bolted in.. Pushed it out to clean the garage, and snapped a few pics..

Need a bumper and trunk lid and the back will be about done!

and a quick photoshop where I would like it to sit once the engine and interior are in it.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:09 PM   #95
wecruisin

wecruisin is a good little Junkie
Very nice!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:38 PM   #96
FUKAZ28

FUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this placeFUKAZ28 is without a doubt too mature for this place
Nice work man.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #97
Guitar

Guitar has disabled reputation
Any updates??
Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #98
Blue70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar View Post
Any updates??
No, the Mustang has been lacking love the last few months.

I did a bunch of stuff to the Jeep, then my son's 4 wheeler broke, and had to fix that, then had to cut my 8' trailer apart and turn it into a 12' trailer, then worked on the truck a bit, and this weekend was a leaking kitchen sink that turned into a weekend complete kitchen makeover.

I just have way too many projects, lol

I want to get windows into the truck, along with wipers and heat, then I will jump back onto the Mustang
Old 08-10-2015, 06:35 AM   #99
TooFast98Cobra

TooFast98Cobra must be letting Dr. Rockwell use their screen name
Looking great !
Old 09-25-2015, 04:34 AM   #100
jtsmg
My heads is in the clouds

jtsmg has disabled reputation
nice build man

Ready to race Bitches!

http://www.ultimateconverter.com/