HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 10-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #426
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
that looks badass as well!
Old 10-29-2019, 08:43 AM   #427
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
Another guy on here "Cable Slacker" wants to do the LS / T-56 swap into his 70 camaro but he doesn't know where to start I told him to come look through this thread.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #428
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Loving the new wheels!! Glad to see constant updates on this one
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #429
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Thanks guys I appreciate it!

I've talked to Cable Slacker in the past, this thread might help him out, but he might have more room in his trans tunnel then I did.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:05 AM   #430
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Found out my fuel sending unit isn't fairing well in the new G machine. Just been rolling and giving joy rides, smiling, and no F given. Busy putting an end to the softball season so hopefully will have a little more garage time now. Put some gas in it the other night, just a small amount to make sure I had fuel and then lost track of time. Sending unit was showing smidge under 1/2 tank coming home from work Friday. Went to pass a slow diesel truck, third gear, toe into it, and acceleration flattened out after 3k. I short shifted and proceeded to get around the truck but something wasn't right. Gathered my thoughts, downshifted and got into it watching AFR gauges. Sure enough, I was losing fuel.

Got home thinking the walbro was going bad, then realized I couldn't remember how long ago I'd put gas in it. I'd put 8.28 gallons in 186 miles ago. LMAO! That's NOT going to work! Haven't seen the bottom of the tank since installation!

Fired up the laptop and checked things out, sending unit was saying I had a crisp 11 gallons in the tank. Figured I'd get to the station and throw some gas at it to see if it clears up. Made it 2 miles before I was on the side of the road. Let me tell you, lack of insulation and window felts is not good when it's 40 degrees outside and you're not dressed for it! First time I've ran out of gas in 20 years! Got some help, got gas, and she's tearing up the roads again.

Made a new Audi S4 owner salty last week. Came up to a light and he started inching forward.. mmkay.. I pulled on him at a light then exited the highway to an on ramp fast enough to leave him trailing behind, just about 4 wheel drift, really figuring the car out and it is a blast! I got up to speed, hit cruise, and just smiled. When he came around me in the fast lane the look on his face was the most priceless work of art I'd ever seen!! Wish I had a camera going so I could share his face, THAT'S what this build is about, had me laughing all the way home.

Stopped and got a pic this morning, was hoping the tailpipes would cool off enough to get some plumes but no go. Have 350 miles on the new front suspension and am seriously loving it!! About time to swap out the cheap napa pads up front to ceramics or bigger rotors/calipers now. You can see the front wheels are a little dusty. Knocking off triple digits does that, will get a better pic before I wash it.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #431
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
That's awesome man! Congrats!
http://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/...hlight=mock-up
Tubbed440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #432
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
fun times!

I'd be careful with getting ceramic pads, sure they dust a lot less but they also typically have less bite/stopping power...
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #433
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Thanks guys, I've had pretty good luck with the Napa ceramix pads? They have inner/outer pads, as soon as your toe hits the pedal the vehicle usually goes nose down. Only bad experience I had with them is I'm pretty sure I glazed them after autocrossing the blazer and they didn't respond the day after during an almost emergency stop. After putting some miles on them they were back to capacity.

Considering this is going race car my buddies are suggesting Hawk pads, ya'll have any suggestions?

Also, this car came stock with 7/16x20 wheel studs. I've been torquing them to 100ftlbs not thinking about it. Had one twist off after getting new tires on the car, guess ugga dugga tech. Replaced it and got to thinking, looked up stock torque specs, it's 60 ftlbs!!!!

Considering I'm driving like a jackass, increased power, increased traction, should I upgrade the lug studs?

If so, go with ARP 7/16? Drill out and go larger? What's ya'lls take on it?
Old 11-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #434
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Tubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this placeTubbed440 is without a doubt too mature for this place
I'd probably go with larger ones if you can get away with it on the wheels without having a total machining nightmare. There's 1/2 inch all the way around my jackstand queen, so I never have to worry about breakage.

ARP- and get the strongest thing they have - then torque to appropriate settings for the ARP bolt.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #435
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

I'd probably go with larger ones if you can get away with it on the wheels without having a total machining nightmare. There's 1/2 inch all the way around my jackstand queen, so I never have to worry about breakage.

ARP- and get the strongest thing they have - then torque to appropriate settings for the ARP bolt.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #436
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbed440 View Post

Thanks man, I'm seriously looking forward for your updates to start up again.

2 months since last wash, 540 miles since suspension job. Think I need to wax these rims to somewhat seal them? Looks like the brake dust was trying to stain the paint somehow, had to do some scrubbing, had just a couple high speed scrubs, brake dust accumulates fast. It was cold and windy, so windy it was blowing the foam right out of the bucket. I filled up with just about scalding hot water from the bathtub, then had kept my nitrile mechanics gloves on from where I changed the wife's oil. It was the perfect combo! The gloves kept my hands insulated so the wind had 0 effect on them. Got her car scrubbed up too, just in time for the damn rain..

Even lubed up the tires and washed the windows to get it up to date. Think I still had cakehead finger prints on the back windows from the parade.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm seriously jonesing about this. Found a VERY cool old Pepsi wall about 20 mins from the house near UNCG. I was all set to go tonight, then saw the forecast, damn google was showing clear throughout the week, now it's supposed to rain all week??

Here's the wall I'm talking about, think the car will look absolutely tits sitting in front of it!! Will bring the big camera out but am also going to stalk it to see what time of day would be best for the shot. At night those lights cast an awesome flood across the wall/sidewalk, it's a bar inside, will talk with manager to see if they mind me blocking the walk for a couple minutes to get some shots. I'm talking I'll be working this b!tch until I get the perfect shot I can print/frame/hang in my office.

Lastly, had an awesome exchange with an older gentleman @ autozone when I was dropping off used oil. Felt bad for dropping oil and running so I picked up some wash items. Was in line and this guy came up to me with a goofy grin on his face, was thinking, damn do I know this guy.. He said, is that your car out front? I told him yes, although I don't know how he picked me out of the crowd, was wearing my garage dirties and looked homeless. He started gushing about how much he liked the car, the stance, was saying he can't wait to get a car like that someday, then went on to talking about shows like Bitchin's Rides, etc. He was so nice to talk to a couple of the employees joined in the conversation. I almost felt like a celebrity for a minute, was a really cool ending to the day.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #437
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
Cool

I think the car will look awesome in front of that wall!

My wife has taken pics of her truck in front of the mural at the Lincoln Theater here in Raleigh.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #438
theheder

theheder has no rep around here.
Big Red at the graffiti wall in Charleston SC two years apart.

Last edited by theheder; 11-18-2019 at 03:27 PM..
theheder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 AM   #439
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Thanks guys, I'm having to wait for the rain to clear up, sucks. The trucks look great, hoping mine comes out as good!
Old 11-21-2019, 09:58 PM   #440
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Had a little time tonight, stalked my new favorite backdrop. Unfortunately didn't have the good camera with me, but there's enough lighting there at night to get a decent shot.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:58 AM   #441
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Pretty sweet man!
Old 11-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #442
rcktpwrd

oh yeah! Looks killer!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #443
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Thanks guys, hoping to get back out there this week/weekend.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #444
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Daughter wanted to go cruising last night, she got a new phone and was trash talking my android. Found some new backgrounds and we dueled it out. I don't have any of her pics, here are mine. I know I need a life.

Went stupid with the editor too..

Old 12-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #445
theheder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Daughter wanted to go cruising last night, she got a new phone and was trash talking my android.
My daughter did the same thing with her new iPhone 11 pro

Old 12-06-2019, 05:29 AM   #446
Mwilson

car looks so good
Old 12-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #447
chevymec
10 BOLT JUNKIE

chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.chevymec is actually making some sense.
Keep it going!!!
Old 12-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #448
Tubbed440
Back Yard Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheder View Post
My daughter did the same thing with her new iPhone 11 pro

Used to it was "my car is gonna smoke yours". Now it's "my phone is going to smoke your phone"!
Old 12-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #449
theheder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbed440 View Post
Used to it was "my car is gonna smoke yours". Now it's "my phone is going to smoke your phone"!
So true and sad at the same time.

Tags
1964, chevelle, lsx, malibu