HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 05-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #26
Cubankid1997

Cubankid1997 has no rep around here.
hp?

Nice car how much power do you plan on making with this one?
Cubankid1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:29 AM   #27
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubankid1997 View Post
Nice car how much power do you plan on making with this one?
Around 450rwhp naturally aspirated...........but you never know after that...
TTSALEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #28
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

TTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this placeTTSALEEN is without a doubt too mature for this place
I corrected the paint on it today!
Wash/dry
Clay bar (using a Nanoskin pad on my FLEX 3401)
Yellow CCS pad and FG400 compound
Quick application of Sealer until I can complete the other correction steps.

However it looks fantastic so far! I LOVE red! Ha!

Old 05-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #29
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

The more I look at the car, the more cool stuff I find!!

Tonight I jacked it up and saw I have an X-pipe with 2.5" pipes going to the magnaflow mufflers in the back.

Also found I have H&R lowering springs part number 94088. Website shows these give a 45mm drop.
http://www.h-r.com.au/products/holden_ford.php

Got new parts coming in....will post up as I get 'em installed!!

Last edited by TTSALEEN; 05-19-2015 at 06:49 PM..
Old 05-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #30
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Got my custom painted engine cover in today.

Check it out -

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 05-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #31
scott5

scott5 is actually making some sense.scott5 is actually making some sense.scott5 is actually making some sense.
Time for some ccw or rts wheels
scott5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #32
Rockafella
Super Moderator

Rockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this placeRockafella is without a doubt too mature for this place
Can't believe that's the same engine bay... Amazing how the little things make so much of a difference. Awesome pick-up by the way.

Heard you had the only G8 that wasn't up north this past weekend. From what I gathered it appeared that 80% of the ones that were made were all in attendance. Damn near makes me want one.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #33
jtsmg
My heads is in the clouds

jtsmg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSALEEN View Post
I corrected the paint on it today!
Wash/dry
Clay bar (using a Nanoskin pad on my FLEX 3401)
Yellow CCS pad and FG400 compound
Quick application of Sealer until I can complete the other correction steps.

However it looks fantastic so far! I LOVE red! Ha!

Nice looking car man! And as usual great job making everyone drool. Now when can I drop my Diesel off for a detail... lol for real though

Ready to race Bitches!

http://www.ultimateconverter.com/
jtsmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #34
5.SLO

5.SLO has no rep around here.
Great looking car. When I lived in Atlanta, there was a guy that worked in my building with dark red G8 with chrome '11+ Camaro wheels that I would drool over every day.
5.SLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #35
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Couple updates.

So I contacted a well-known G8 guru that happens to live in our area, Rick Crawford and visited to purchase his upper intake kit which consists of his version of a modified stock intake and ported/polished throttle body.

I also ordered the SLP underdrive pulley kit, a set of 10.4mm spark plug wires from Taylor, NGK TR6 spark plugs, and a set of Autozone Dayco serpentine belts.

Finally I won an Ebay auction for a new 2012 Camaro differential with the limited slip and 3.45 gears.

I had to address some suspension issues which are common to the G8. The lower control arms (front) and strut mount bushings were in bad shape. Under hard braking, the steering wheel would shudder.
I got a new set of lower arms and strut mounts and installed them.
Car is much tighter and handles great with no shudder when applying the brakes.

Still need to install the new Camaro differential and get it tuned.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #36
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Also got my Rotofab radiator cover. Had it powder coated in gloss black by Elite Custom Coatings in Garner.

Last edited by TTSALEEN; 06-04-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Old 06-05-2015, 02:38 AM   #37
k_aimone

k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111
What is you honest opinion on mevotech parts. I have seen them on rockauto.com, and the are less than half the price of moog.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:46 AM   #38
98camarod

98camarod has no rep around here.
Makes me miss our G8, red with cheapo tsw rims.
98camarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #39
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_aimone View Post
What is you honest opinion on mevotech parts. I have seen them on rockauto.com, and the are less than half the price of moog.
I've done research on them and so far, everyone that has installed them was positive over the stock stuff. I think they are much better than the factory ones and cannot argue with the prices on Rock Auto! That's where I got mine from! Plus they have a grease fitting unlike the stockers!
On my car, it was immediately noticeable with much tighter steering response and completely eliminated the shudder I had when braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98camarod View Post
Makes me miss our G8, red with cheapo tsw rims.
I wanted a G8 for the last 5 years. Finally got one just like I wanted and couldn't be happier with the car. It's a shame that this was one of the best offerings that Pontiac ever made right before they killed the line. The new Chevy SS is basically the new G8, but holy shit do they think alot of it for the price!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:21 AM   #40
88MMRocket

88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place88MMRocket is without a doubt too mature for this place
Fancy! LSA blower kit time! Just sayin.......

Better order that header kit soon. Rick says they disappear and won't find them again for awhile! Get it soon!
88MMRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #41
Ras
Resident Viking

Ras is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this place
Car is looking good!

Quick side note: How do you like the powder coating place? I see that they're local, I know that you have a keen eye for details, and I have some parts that I want done.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #42
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88MMRocket View Post
Fancy! LSA blower kit time! Just sayin.......
Better order that header kit soon. Rick says they disappear and won't find them again for awhile! Get it soon!
Yes ultimate goal is LSA blower swap! Trying not to spend a fortune on this car all at once.....must...restrain..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras View Post
Car is looking good!

Quick side note: How do you like the powder coating place? I see that they're local, I know that you have a keen eye for details, and I have some parts that I want done.
Thanks Ras. They are pretty good. My Mach 1 stuff came out fantastic.
The cover they just did for me shows a little texture. They told me based on the raw material and going with a shiny finish that I would see it more. They told me if I went more matte finish it wouldn't have been noticeable. But you know me....gotta have that SHINY stuff! Haha.

I think their work is above average and their prices are good. Just bring cash for your payment! LoL.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #43
Ras
Resident Viking

Ras is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this placeRas is without a doubt too mature for this place
Thanks, good to know! I have a couple of sets of valve covers, a manifold, and a bunch of other stuff. The only other cheap place I know of is in Charlotte, and, well, I'd rather not ship.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #44
k_aimone

k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111
[QUOTE=TTSALEEN;1940351]I've done research on them and so far, everyone that has installed them was positive over the stock stuff. I think they are much better than the factory ones and cannot argue with the prices on Rock Auto! That's where I got mine from! Plus they have a grease fitting unlike the stockers!
On my car, it was immediately noticeable with much tighter steering response and completely eliminated the shudder I had when braking.

thanks man, I was waiting for somebody that i "knew" to give a real world critique.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #45
SHOspazz92

SHOspazz92 might have posted something useful at one timeSHOspazz92 might have posted something useful at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSALEEN View Post
Yes ultimate goal is LSA blower swap! Trying not to spend a fortune on this car all at once.....must...restrain..............
A Friend of mine is Missouri just finished up that swap. The whole thing cost him less than 2500 bucks. He is in the process of getting it tuned now.

Nice car!
92 SHO 3.0 MTX - Auto-X Prepared - 13.1@107 - Parted

SHOspazz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #46
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

A few updates -

Removed my H+R lowering springs and installed stock springs.
Removed my factory struts/shocks and installed FE3 parts.
Removed factory toe/trailing arms and installed BMR replacements.
Removed my factory strut bushings and installed new replacements.

Here's 2 pics with the H&R springs still installed before mods.

The H&R springs had a 45mm drop according to the website.
These came on my car when I purchased it.
It was a little too low for my tastes, so I took them off and replaced with stock ones.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #47
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

I found that my passenger side strut was blown out after removal.
That explains the clunk noise I couldn't diagnose previously!!!!
These new FE3 parts are awesome! With the stock springs, it rides great!

Old 06-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #48
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

I think my Cabin filter was original!! LOL.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #49
TTSALEEN
Terminator ur G8

I got a full OBX long tube header exhaust system along with Hooker MAXFLOW rear mufflers and the Camaro differential to install next.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #50
wecruisin

wecruisin is a good little Junkie
Nice

Tags
*PoorOldNinjaThinksItsACadillac, G8 GT, L76, pontiac, Red is the new black, We build excitement!