HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > Track Lounge > Rockingham Dragway

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #1
zoomo

zoomo has no rep around here.
rockingham for valentines day

hey im new here, Ive been out to rockingham a couple times last year. Just wondering if anyone was planning on going out this weekend? opening 10 am saturday
zoomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
Doubt they will open, going to be too cold to open.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
zoomo

may not be but they are advertising it on the front page of the website as opening day so im pretty sure its a go. its also supposed to get up to 50 on saturday.

I went out to moorseville last saturday, i figured it would be too cold for them to open, i was just seeing where the track was. hen realized there were people there. i ran a few times but i wasnt impressed with the track or the some of the people working it

Last edited by zoomo; 02-12-2015 at 07:50 PM..
Old 02-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
zoomo

I'm here haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150214_115424271.jpg (836.9 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
madmike9396

madmike9396 is actually making some sense.madmike9396 is actually making some sense.madmike9396 is actually making some sense.
if I had my car id be there
Old 02-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
Heater
Tastefully Sarcastic

Heater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this placeHeater is without a doubt too mature for this place
I'm surprised, Coastal Plains had a big Valentines Day race planned for this weekend and cancelled it due to the projected cold weather.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #7
Snowman
ZL1 of thirdgens

Snowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this placeSnowman is without a doubt too mature for this place
I cant think of many things dumber than planning a race on Valentines day(which is, of course) February 14th, then cancelling it due to cold weather when its well above freezing
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #8
footbraker

footbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this place
Got to have racers in order to pay the purse not to mention staff and profit. As much as I love racing. I sure wouldn't raced today regardless what the thermometer said
Old 02-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #9
footbraker

footbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomo View Post
may not be but they are advertising it on the front page of the website as opening day so im pretty sure its a go. its also supposed to get up to 50 on saturday.

I went out to moorseville last saturday, i figured it would be too cold for them to open, i was just seeing where the track was. hen realized there were people there. i ran a few times but i wasnt impressed with the track or the some of the people working it
Last time I went, just ended up leaving pissed off. Track hooks unlike any other which is a shame. Can't deal with the staff and the dumb asses the place draws in

Last edited by footbraker; 02-14-2015 at 09:33 PM..
footbraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #10
zoomo

Had a blast yesterday , I was there from about 11-3ish there was a pretty good turnout. There seemed to be some sort of mustang meet going OK, as that was mostly what was there. Lots of 12 second new mustangs on slicks.

I really like the way roxkingham is ran and the staff is great to get along with. I haven't really had any issues with the racers either.

Sorry for whoever was there in that dodge truxk that blew the trans that sucks.

I've only been here and to mooresville but mooresville does hook waaaay better but chances are, even with the traction , and the fact that it 20 minutes away from me I probably won't be going back just because of the atmosphere.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #11
madmike9396

madmike9396 is actually making some sense.madmike9396 is actually making some sense.madmike9396 is actually making some sense.
get you some drag radials, what was your best pass ?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:44 AM   #12
zoomo

I've thrown around the idea but I drive this car daily and in the weather. Right now I'm running some motivo all seasons . I'm also running a 273 gear right now, I'm thinking I'm going to change that in the enar future.

Best I had was a 13.8 with a 2.2 60
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150214_183036118.jpg (905.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #13
Bogart
In the Land of 1000 No's

Bogart might have posted something useful at one time
Ha. Now I don't feel so bad about my time.

Picked up a high miles '01 C5 M6 corvette couple months ago. First run with it. Spent a lot of time on the limiter and granny shifting. Only one run, clutch pedal stuck to the floor.

Looked like they were short handed but taking good care of the track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150216_134100[1].jpg (367.8 KB, 26 views)
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #14
zoomo

Ha nice I've struggled to get to 13.8 but it feels good that its in the 13s at least.

I really like the help there the guys running the lights and handing out the tickets are very friendly. They seem to do their best to keep the track clean and keep things moving fast but its still slippery as hell for me haha
Old 02-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #15
Bogart
In the Land of 1000 No's

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomo View Post
Ha nice I've struggled to get to 13.8 but it feels good that its in the 13s at least.

I really like the help there the guys running the lights and handing out the tickets are very friendly. They seem to do their best to keep the track clean and keep things moving fast but its still slippery as hell for me haha
What are you driving?
Old 02-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #16
zoomo

I'm in a green 95 trans am. I may have seen you go down the track, I remember seeing a silver c5
Old 02-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #17
Bogart
In the Land of 1000 No's

Nope, mag red metallic. didn't get there till maybe 3:30.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #18
zoomo

Ah I must've just missed you, I left right at three. Too bad it messed up on you, were you able to limp it home ?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #19
Bogart
In the Land of 1000 No's

Yeah, actually had 1 inch of pedal which was enough.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #20
madmike9396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Ha. Now I don't feel so bad about my time.

Picked up a high miles '01 C5 M6 corvette couple months ago. First run with it. Spent a lot of time on the limiter and granny shifting. Only one run, clutch pedal stuck to the floor.

Looked like they were short handed but taking good care of the track.
time for a tick master cylinder
Old 02-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #21
madmike9396

13.8 is pretty good for a lt1 car with that bad of a 60ft IMO
Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #22
zoomo

sucks that the ls slave is inside the trans

im pretty satisfied with my time, i wish i could pull it down into the 12's though to hang with some of these newer cars better.. gears soon, im keeping my eye out, or i may just rebuild my rear end soon. At first i was really confused about my time because it seems from the reading ive done, some people place a stock lt1 in the 13's and a stock ls in the 12's . Ive only seen three i can think of, but even the modded gtos and camaro ls cars i've seen are running 13's if they get a good pass. My car cammed, mid length headers, 1.6 rockers and 40 over.

I was really satisfied with the way my motivo all seasons did in the ice storm today, and they do great in corners, and on the wet, they are z rated as well. but when im at rockingham, i have to take off like im on the street, just slip the clutch out and slowly take off, anything more and it just blows the tires off. On the other hand, at mooresville, i was able to run a 2.0 60 ft easily , almost killing the car from not being used to the traction it was getting.

Last edited by zoomo; 02-17-2015 at 08:15 PM..