HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 06-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #176
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
Done and done. Got extra rear out of shed that I purchased and snagged the disc off of. It's already swapped out along with removing the polys out of the leafs and body mounts.

When I pulled the drivetrain I noticed trans fluid leaking and had a little trouble figuring it out..

The harness must have hit the trans tunnel the wreck, fluid is leaking from the center of the harness. You can also see all the dirt I picked up sliding. Got a new harness ready to go. In no hurry to pull the pan again but do have to drain it as it's starting make a mess.

Rear is still leaking@the axle seals even with the repair bearings installed. Going to see how the funds hold out, possibly get new axles in the end.

I'm trying my damndest to detach from this truck. Only thing left to pull is the dash and engine bay wiring, then it's getting pushed outside.

Here's where the rim slapped the brake hose bracket on the frame and snapped the rim. Doubt this could be fixed. One other thing I realized looking this tire over.. If this had happened when I hit the tree wouldn't the steering wheel jerked or gotten pulled out of my hand? I don't remember any force to the wheel throughout the entire slide/impact.

I did put power to the system to get final mileage and was somewhat creeped out by the trip odometer. I had just filled up before taking the hot trip so I had reset the trip for my gas gauge.. this is why I don't gamble. This isn't staged, engine and trans are out, speed sensor is disconnected, wheels haven't turned with power since the accident..

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #177
Bigtrouble
Fucker got booted!

Bigtrouble has no rep around here.
Check with Exotics, they may be able to fix that rim or at least give you an estimate.
Bigtrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #178
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Rip 4.3

3:13 p.m.

4:32 p.m. , my day of rest is now kicking in.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #179
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Ol girl finally limped home

S10 blazer going in for surgery:

http://youtu.be/9ZYs_KnpbZQ

Got a pic of the painted stuff, still have to clean up engine and trans.

Last edited by Hotwire; 07-28-2014 at 06:58 AM..
Old 06-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #180
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

And.

She was fun while she lasted, put out to pasture

Old 07-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #181
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Finally got the stock 6 out, notched the frame for the a.c. compressor, and cleaned everything up. Will be painting and hopefully get exhaust and drivetrain in. Got a bit of a time crunch so I'm going to use stock axle and suspension for now.

Actually cleaned the complete underside of the blazer while everything was out of the way. Purple stuff, eagle one wheel cleaner, and Napa aluminum wheel brightener did a great job

Old 07-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #182
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Got frame coated, only had about 1/3 can.

Then tore up said paint job and the uncured high temp paint on the exhaust, had to cut drivers pipe to get it in

Hooked her up

And sent her home

Got pass side body bushings swapped out with poly and removed snapped body bolt, thank you Lincoln welder! I also cleaned the trans cross member before install so the complete under carriage is now clean.

Have to figure out what hooks to the 5th grey ecm connector (hanging in front of heater box) and get it integrated into the 5.3 harness. Got to get exhaust hooked up then drill holes in the frame for the custom hangers, replace leaking wire harness inside trans, drivers poly bushings, then install rad support, and get all loose ends done up.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #183
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

You know that old girlfriend that ripped your life apart and you never wanted to ever see again? ..Yea.. Pulling the pan made me feel that exact way.

Got leaking trans internal wiring harness replaced, forgot I had to pull the pressure control solenoid and 2nd accumulator to get it out. Buttoned it up, filled it back up.

Exhaust is in place but I haven't got the custom brackets attached to the frame yet, installed driveshaft so Park works again. Going to have to slide engine back some or get 8.5" installed. Trans is a little forward and I don't like how much yoke is sticking out the tail.

At this point was getting really pumped but couldn't get the starter to fire off with the key

I looked at every single wire diagram I could find trying to figure it out. Finally ended up at the big C2 connector @ the fuse box. Everything was as it should but still nothing. I pulled the connector apart on the v6 and noticed the starter relay wire was in a different location. Swapped it to the same in the 5.3 harness and turned the key.

http://youtu.be/c7pCCFqFGkc
Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #184
1FastPickup
Makin' boost

1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place1FastPickup is without a doubt too mature for this place
Heck yeah! Glad to see you back running again...that first fire is always a good feeling.

...another junkyard turbo 5.3 - build thread
6.89@101 10.88@120ish
1FastPickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #185
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Man if you only knew, my hands were shaking like crazy after I cut it off.

Plan is to have it rolling under is own power by the end of the week. Just got the exhaust hung and buttoned up. Couple little things left!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #186
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Getting there, got rad support in but still have to connect all wires, hoses, and install bolts. This is why I keep saying I'm extremely jealous of the room y'all have..

How she sits for tonight

Old 08-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #187
footbraker

footbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this place
Quality work as always man. I know you were sickened after your last ordeal, but glad you are getting there with this one.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #188
k_aimone

k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111k_aimone best poster evAr!!!!!!111
This us making me wish I didn't sell my canyon. I always wanted to put a 5.3 in it. I can't wait to see how this turns out
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #189
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Preciate it guys, Carson you'll see this in person soon, another s-series, another broken windshield. :/
Old 08-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #190
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Got r dun. Took it down the road, couple little things to address but it ran great!

Here's a teaser: L33 5.3L LS6 cam S10 Blazer start and idle: http://youtu.be/i2Nx631YbUM
Old 08-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #191
footbraker

footbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this placefootbraker is without a doubt too mature for this place
Lmk man. My driver can meet up with you in Gboro if u need anything
Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #192
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Preciate it man, hopefully this will be a little more solid than that zr2, will be very happy to park that pos.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #193
stockhatch

stockhatch might have posted something useful at one timestockhatch might have posted something useful at one time
Damn! What a crazy sequence of events. I am starting to wonder if blazers are just bad luck LOL. Glad you were not hurt and that you are carrying on with the project.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #194
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

If you only knew..

This latest blazer is kicking my ass. Previous owner had problems w/ the power door locks. Dumbass replaced the 5A fuse w/ a 30A fuse and turned the entire interior wiring harness into a fockin easy bake oven. I've ran through all the wires, made all the repairs and "THINK" I have everything done. BUT, made a run over the weekend, trans started acting funny and heating up and the power seats stopped working. I've parked it and haven't messed with it much.

Had another back surgery on 8/11, pecked away at it while I was at home recovering, but I'm to the point of wanting to throw a match in it and watch it go down.

I can't really afford to take the drivetrain out and put it in another vehicle, but I've been passively looking on craigslist to see what pops up. Having to budget my energy and pain level while working on this has me wore thin. I had it inspected and ac working at this point in my head, lol, didn't happen.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #195
stockhatch

stockhatch might have posted something useful at one timestockhatch might have posted something useful at one time
Damn dude, that sucks. Good luck with your recovery.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:41 AM   #196
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Thanks man, working hard to get back right but not over do it. I['m about 70% at this point.

Hopefully have resolved all the wiring gremlins for now. Worked on cleaning up the interior, cleaned every square inch of plastic that I could. Also worked on getting everything working, removing rattles, and getting the smoke smell out. Still have to pull the carpet and clean it good, headliner is a lost cause.

Here's what it looks like w/ the doberman door panels, have to find some SEM paint to get it right. Old blazer has been steadily shedding parts and helping out.

Passed inspection yesterday, getting tag at lunch, then have to find a hydraulic hose shop to mate the tahoe & blazer ac hoses. After that it's bolt on all the belltech goodies and enjoy it for a while.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #197
Bigtrouble
Fucker got booted!

Bigtrouble has no rep around here.
Oriellys in kville can do hydralic hoses. Just FYI
Bigtrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #198
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

little update.. inspected, tagged, and rolling along. Sleeper status for now until I can get everyone else's sh!t out of my garage so I can work on my own..

Started cleaning up the suspension stuff so it looks decent going back on the "new" blazer:

Replaced all the burned out bulbs in the interior gauges/switches/buttons, looks a lot better at night:

Got carried away and washed it.. Finally got rid of the grass that's been stuck on the driver's side since it's been sitting in the backyard, but found out it's got a really sh!tty paint job.. Just water pressure blew all the paint off the valance, working on somehow fixing this..

And the wolf in sheeps clothing. I'm getting a blast out of blending in then surprising people. Haven't had many runs, but not looking to get into trouble either. Might be heading to piedmont for test n tune to get some base numbers, not going to be anything special.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #199
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Awesome!
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #200
ls13ater

ls13ater might have posted something useful at one timels13ater might have posted something useful at one time
Bitch is a complete sleeper!

Tags
5.3, blazer, L33, LS6