HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums

Advertisement

Go Back   HorsepowerJunkies.com Forums > Car Related Discussion > The Garage > - Junkie projects

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Please visit our local sponsor:

Sponsor

Old 11-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Cable Slacker

Cable Slacker is actually making some sense.Cable Slacker is actually making some sense.
fitech fuel injection question

Any body have any input or experience with them.
Cable Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
Or any other retrofit fuel injection system
Old 11-17-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
Hotwire
Resail Red Hater

Hotwire is a good little Junkie
A lot of guys on http://www.chevelles.com/forums/ are running fitech. Seems more than a couple had problems w/ the pump/tank on the firewall deal but just dealing w/ the system itself and different fuel pump seems to have good results. There's a lot of threads in there on tuning/tricks.

Buddy in GA is running a Holley sniper system on his 406 sbc and really likes it, easy to tune and solved a lot of issues for him.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
I would not run the remote tank with auxiliary pump myself, just get the correct pump and do it right, but do want to try the FITech. I see them used a lot.

I have run the Projection III kit a LONG time ago when they first came out with good results.

Summit also just jumped on the band wagon and now has their own branded systems.
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
Cable Slacker

Cable Slacker is actually making some sense.Cable Slacker is actually making some sense.
what would be the correct pump? btw blue 70 what?
Cable Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #6
Blue70

Blue70 might have posted something useful at one timeBlue70 might have posted something useful at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable Slacker View Post
what would be the correct pump? btw blue 70 what?
They sell FITech kits that include a pump, or they also sell fuel pump kits, and lastly they have the "FiTech Go EFI Fuel Command Center Sump Kits" that you leave your stock pump in place, then this thing goes under the hood with its own pump to up the pressure.. not good, and expensive.

I believe the fuel pump will be dictated by the HP level you chose for the EFI kit.. More HP/Bigger injectors need a bigger pump..

Click here to see Summits FITech products

Are you asking what my Blue 70 was? When I signed on here I had a 1970 Camaro that was blue at the time.. This is when I sold it.

Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
confused
Fuquay Vagina

confused is actually making some sense.confused is actually making some sense.
I seem to remember reading some people having issues if they didn't run a return line to the tank.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111rcktpwrd best poster evAr!!!!!!111
I have been looking into these systems and the Holley Sniper seems to be a lot better then the FiTech for the same money. A big complaint about FiTech was the complete lack of tech support. Holley tech support seems to be pretty good. Best bet is to run an in-tank fuel pump with a return line, second would be a frame rail mounted pump also with a return line. I have read lots of horror stories about the FiTech fuel sump. Edelbrock makes one that is supposed to be OK as well as one made by RobbMc. Still better off with an in-tank setup.
rcktpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #9
Mwilson

Mwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this placeMwilson is without a doubt too mature for this place
he just bought a new tank pickup with return line provision