PDA

View Full Version : welcome and a quick question..

Alansvt
01-17-2010, 11:56 AM
First off I want to welcome you to the Junk... It is about time.

2nd of all I have a questino about my belt squeak. I ask you about it and you said there was not much I could do and it has a tendency of doing it because of the belt length... Anyways, I replaced the belt with a new one and its still doing it now. So what I was thinking is if I put a lower pulley on it will that allow me to get a better belt and get rid of the squeak?

Thanks again

Alan

dr. swirlie
01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
First off I want to welcome you to the Junk... It is about time.

2nd of all I have a questino about my belt squeak. I ask you about it and you said there was not much I could do and it has a tendency of doing it because of the belt length... Anyways, I replaced the belt with a new one and its still doing it now. So what I was thinking is if I put a lower pulley on it will that allow me to get a better belt and get rid of the squeak?

Thanks again

Alan

UPR Belt tensioner FTW. Was the answer to my problems. After a new belt and 50 miles mine would start squeaking again. The stock tensioner just was just too weak causing my belt to slip a little and glaze. After replacing all is well.

However, I'm by no means a mechanic so I'll let the pros answer.

Alansvt
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
I have a metco belt tensioner.. It still does it... From what I am reading its when we switch to a 2.6 upper pulley and with the belt tensioner we have to use the stock belt. As of right now there is no after market belt for our application. I was hoping by getting rid of the stock lower that this will fix the problem.

Plus it will add some more ponies..

nitrousjunkie
01-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Alan,at your convenience,swing back by and let us take another look.

Alansvt
01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
r u all open tomorrow?

nitrousjunkie
01-17-2010, 04:24 PM
r u all open tomorrow?

Yes,stop on by.