PDA

View Full Version : wanting my suspension done

ShelbyGirl
08-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Hey Tony,

Just got the car back from getting fixed. I am dying to get some suspension work done. I have talked to people about the Steeda set up and the FRPP suspension. I am not sure what to do, I cant afford Grigs, and I think that's people recommend.

Which is better? FRPP is not for verts as far as I can tell, but people have used them with good results on some forums I have read or is there something else you guys recommend?

I'm also looking for about 650-700 horses this time too :) Any ideas?

ps dont worry, Scott will never drive it, LOL!

strongs_2009
08-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Darcie I have all ford racing and steeda things in mine if that helps you any.

ShelbyGirl
08-07-2010, 11:41 AM
it does Tim thanks. I have been researching some and dont want it too low and bottoming out. Dustin has the Grigs and it was a bumpy ride that kept bottoming out at Mustang Week.

rat82hdsptr1
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I put a Whipple 2.9 on one and Carl tuned it. Ended up right in the HP range your looking for. Give us a call for more details.

nitrousjunkie
08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Darcie, Tims car rides very comfortable.Come on by and we will sit down and discuss your goals,Tony.

nitrousjunkie
08-10-2010, 09:27 AM
The 2.9 will fit under the stock hood as well.

strongs_2009
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Cool sorry to butt in Tony. Just tossing that out there so the TVS with a pulley and IW 10% lower would be the next option if she didn't want to lower it or new hood.

Just food for thought. My 2 cents.

nitrousjunkie
08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Cool sorry to butt in Tony. Just tossing that out there so the TVS with a pulley and IW 10% lower would be the next option if she didn't want to lower it or new hood.

Just food for thought. My 2 cents.

You nothing to be sorry for Tim, thats what this board is for,the exchange of experience and information.

ShelbyGirl
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks gentlemen,

Here are some of my plans...the car only has 1200 miles on it, so serious engine changes are still a little bit away but in the near future I want too.....

MGW GT500 short shifter (on the way)
suspension.....Steeda, FRPP or Eibach just not sure which one
Magnaflow exhaust vs FRPP want something just a bit louder but not obnoxious
JLT CAI, oil separator
I still have the FRPP throttle body
(think I can safely do these with 1200 miles on the engine)

next stage will be the pulleys, innercooler, heat exchanger, tensioner, possible a Kenne Bell. Not crazy about the Whipple, but options are open. I am not really looking to change the hood, but in all honesty I have looked at them :)

I have talked about headers, not wanting long tube, for the reasons you guys were discussing, I dont want to bottom out, so shortys are what me and Scott have been discussing.

This is not a race car, its my daily driver and I am not looking to make it crazy fast, and its a vert, so I want it just this side of scary when I am playing with it. I guess more bragging rights to say I have a 700hp Mustang.

I have got to get the car tighter, it is all too shaky and shimmy. The black Shelby was smooth as silk and I am almost positive the people who had it first did something to the suspension. So this is my first priority. The shifter is OTW so when I do the suspension I will have you guys put in the shifter too, then depending on what you guys think about the rest will depend on when I do it.

ShelbyGirl
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
PS, I am off wed-Fri this week. I will probably run it by there. I want an estimate and OMG I'm dying to get this car out of stock mode, LOL.

nitrousjunkie
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
PS, I am off wed-Fri this week. I will probably run it by there. I want an estimate and OMG I'm dying to get this car out of stock mode, LOL.

Come on by Darcie,we have pretty much all youre wanting in stock.Looking forward to seeing you and the new ride,Tony.

ShelbyGirl
08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
ill be there tomorrow sometime

Alansvt
08-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks gentlemen,

Here are some of my plans...the car only has 1200 miles on it, so serious engine changes are still a little bit away but in the near future I want too.....

MGW GT500 short shifter (on the way)
suspension.....Steeda, FRPP or Eibach just not sure which one
Magnaflow exhaust vs FRPP want something just a bit louder but not obnoxious
JLT CAI, oil separator
I still have the FRPP throttle body
(think I can safely do these with 1200 miles on the engine)

next stage will be the pulleys, innercooler, heat exchanger, tensioner, possible a Kenne Bell. Not crazy about the Whipple, but options are open. I am not really looking to change the hood, but in all honesty I have looked at them :)

I have talked about headers, not wanting long tube, for the reasons you guys were discussing, I dont want to bottom out, so shortys are what me and Scott have been discussing.

This is not a race car, its my daily driver and I am not looking to make it crazy fast, and its a vert, so I want it just this side of scary when I am playing with it. I guess more bragging rights to say I have a 700hp Mustang.

I have got to get the car tighter, it is all too shaky and shimmy. The black Shelby was smooth as silk and I am almost positive the people who had it first did something to the suspension. So this is my first priority. The shifter is OTW so when I do the suspension I will have you guys put in the shifter too, then depending on what you guys think about the rest will depend on when I do it.

I put a pulley and tune on my car at 300 miles. Woke it up pretty quick.

ShelbyGirl
08-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Hehehe.

Im gonna wait a bit for the pulleys. I have my MGW shifter coming, so once that gets here I'll have that put in with the pulleys, headers, innercooler etc etc and then I'll be done with the car. I'll be happy with around 550-575 to the wheel right now.

The KB will come later.

broncomania
08-17-2010, 07:49 PM
any pics ?

ShelbyGirl
08-18-2010, 06:29 AM
I will post some pics later today.

Thanks again Tony and Comp Auto. You have once again out done yourselves on the car. I am so pleased. I think I like this one better than the black one now :)

ShelbyGirl
08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey Tony, where's the video :)

nitrousjunkie
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey Tony, where's the video :)

need to upload it,i will get it in a few:)

ShelbyGirl
08-18-2010, 03:21 PM
She's lower
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z252/darciern/Red%20Shelby/IMG_2154.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z252/darciern/Red%20Shelby/IMG_2146.jpg

The engine.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z252/darciern/Red%20Shelby/IMG_2157.jpg

broncomania
08-28-2010, 05:37 AM
that car is sweet ! thanks for the pics.

KRRISZ06
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM
You should be making Right around 550 RWHP with that set up, that is what mine made witht he same Mods. it was 568, with Motor HOT

nitrousjunkie
09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Somebody is about to have a new supercharger!

ShelbyGirl
09-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Somebody is about to have a new supercharger!

Sooon very very soon. Like maybe this week, LOL!!

ShelbyGirl
09-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Plan for now is the 13th. I don't think I can get it there sooner and you be there. I just work too damn much. Plus I want to be there for the dyno, LOL.

Ps I am off next wednesday, but I am pretty sure the SC wont be there yet, but if you hear something let me know and I'll figure out how to get the car there.

Darcie

rat82hdsptr1
09-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Expect it in mid week Darcie. We have another lady customer with a 2011 GT 500 vert, red with white stripes who also had us add a light bar, cold air intake, pulley and Comp Auto custom tune. She might be interested in seeing your Dyno run if it's ok with you. Love to see the Fayetteville ladies showing the boys how it's done.

ShelbyGirl
09-26-2010, 07:22 AM
If its here by Wednesday I can bring the car in. I have Wed and Thurs off. And yeah sure she can come watch. I plan on being there as well as few other people from the club if thats ok.

Darcie